10 Health Benefits of Ewedu leaf. The Yoruba’s call it Ewedu, the Igbo call it Achingbara, Hausa call it Rama and its Jute leaves in English Language. All of these point to the same leaf botanically known as Corchorus Olitorius. This is a green leafy edible vegetable that is cook into the delicious slimy soup called ewedu.
Jute is rich in minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. It also contains iron, calcium, sodium, phosphorus, potassium, proteins, fibers, Vitamins A, C and E, riboflavin, niacin and folate. These are nutrients that help the body to fight diseases and maintain good health.
Research has shown that the Ewedu leaf has different varieties that possess vitamins and antioxidant that are of immeasurable nutritional and therapeutic value to our body system. These vitamins are crucial in protecting the body from degenerative diseases such as Cancer.
Health Benefits of Ewedu Leaf
- It contains vitamin A, C and E, and these vitamins are key in the protection of the body from diseases.
- It is known to have skin beautifying agents as they tend to increase the production of collagen, thus keeping the skin firm and beautiful.
- It it a good source of fibre, which makes it helpful in dealing with weight management and may also promote intestinal health by helping with bowel movement.
- Ewedu leafs are also known to help boost immunity and nourish the body system.
- They are often used as a remedy for stomach related conditions such as dysentery and constipation.
- They increase the production of collagen in order to keep the skin firm and smooth.
- It is rich in beta-carotene for good sight.
- It has high calcium content for healthy bones and teeth.
- It boosts the immune system and nourishes the body.
- It has anti-aging properties that keeps ths skin looking smoothe and radiant.
- It lowers blood pressure, cholesterol and is good for heart health and diabetes.
- It can increase sexual Libido and aid fertility.
- It is a blood purifier and laxative.
- It improves eyesight.
- It aids and aids easy delivery in pregnant women.
- It controls infections like gonorrhea
- Scriptures to Speak over your Child - December 31, 2018
- 10 Health Benefits of Ewedu leaf - December 31, 2018
- Signs He doesn’t Respect You - December 30, 2018
- Scriptures for Singles - December 19, 2018
- Scriptures for Prosperity and Wealth - December 19, 2018
- How to let go and let God:Letting go and letting God in Relationships - December 2, 2018
- How to Spice up your Marriage - November 28, 2018
- How to know God’s Will in a Relationship - November 28, 2018
- Check out the Best Aso-Ebi Styles Of The Week - November 28, 2018
- Adorable family photo to celebrate 29th wedding anniversary of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and his wife Dolapo. - November 25, 2018