A 15-year-old girl identified as Daejona Holmes, pictured above, has been arrested and charged after she shot her parents dead.
Daejona Holmes shot and killed her parents, Kinderly Holmes, 37, and Brian Starr, 38, in their Kansas City, Missouri home on the night of April 9.
Authorities said that they first received a 911 call from Daejona. Responding officers found Holmes dead in an upstairs bedroom and Starr on the first floor, next to the front door. Coroners determined that Holmes died from a single gunshot to the stomach and Starr had been shot once in the mouth and twice in the torso.
Daejona first claimed that her parents were shot during a robbery. But after questioning her, however, it became clear she was not being truthful. Eventually, police claim that Daejona confessed to killing both parents.
Before she allegedly murdered her parents in their Kansas City home earlier this year, authorities believe 15-year-old Daejona Holmes searched online for “scary movies where kids kill parents.”
What’s more, according to a criminal complaint against her in the slayings, Daejona had also saved rap music lyrics from Lil Uzi about “wanting her father dead.” A video on her phone showed Daejona dancing in her bedroom to Lil Uzi’s music while holding a handgun. Investigators also discovered a drawing that showed one stick figure shooting another. One figure was labelled “Dad,” and another was labeled “Me”.
Daejona’s arrest was announced earlier this week by Jackson County prosecutors.
She has been charged with two counts of second-degree murder, as well as armed criminal action. Because Daejona allegedly moved one of her parents’ bodies, she also faces a single count of tampering with physical evidence.
She remains in custody in lieu $150,000 bond and has not yet entered pleas to the charges against her.
Speaking with local TV station WDAF, Daejona’s uncle said that the teenager’s mom had been abused by her dad before both of them were killed and that he had previously reported Daejona’s dad to authorities.
LJ Brackson (Holmes’ brother-in-law) said: “Now my sister-in-law is dead, who was also a victim of the abuse, and now my niece is being charged with her and her father’s murders. That’s gut-wrenching.
“The system’s more than failed [Daejona]. You can consider them not taking her out of the house as failing her.”
- White lady and her white bridesmaids rock Nigerian traditional attires as she ties the knot with her Nigerian husband - August 21, 2018
- Dogara Pens Lovely Birthday Message To His Wife - August 21, 2018
- Girl who was kidnapped at a party in Port Harcourt found after 4 years - August 21, 2018
- “Remove sex and a lot of people have nothing to offer in a relationship” – Juliet Ibrahim - August 21, 2018
- Cardi B shows off her post-baby body on the red carpet of 2018 VMA - August 21, 2018
- ‘If your boyfriend is too damn faithful and doesn’t check other women out, he is completely gay”- Nigerian matchmaker tells ladies - August 21, 2018
- Footballer Lucky Omeruo celebrates son’s first birthday (photos) - August 21, 2018
- Woman pours hot water on her maid for stealing eggs - August 21, 2018
- See the hilarious reaction of this African dad after his daughter added him in their family Whatsapp group - August 21, 2018
- Parents of baby born in helicopter release adorable pictures - August 21, 2018