A 19-year-old girl identified as Dorcas Adilewa, has been arrested by the operatives of Lagos State Police Command for allegedly faking her kidnap to defraud her father, Taiwo Adilewa.
Dorcas was said to have conspired with her friend, Ifeoluwa Ogunbanjo, who was also arrested, to execute the scheme and allegedly demanded N600,000 ransom.
The police said Taiwo informed them about his daughter’s kidnap after he received a call from someone who told him that his daughter had been kidnapped and allegedly demanded the N600,000 for her release.
The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Edgal Imohimi, during a press briefing on Monday, said he ordered the Anti-Kidnapping Unit of the command to investigate the case.
“The kidnapper told the father that if he did not want his daughter killed, he should pay a ransom of N600,000 to secure her release.
“Investigation into the case immediately commenced and the phone number that was used by the callers was geo-located to the Ijebu Igbo area of Ogun State.
The head of the Anti-Kidnapping Unit led his men to Ijebu Igbo at about 10pm the same day and combed the area in search of the supposed victim till the following morning.”
Imohimi said while the search was still ongoing, the alleged fraudsters relocated to Lagos where Dorcas called her father.
The CP explained that after she observed that operatives were very close to getting the kidnappers, and in a bid to evade arrest, Dorcas called her father that she had been released.
“The supposed kidnappers relocated to Ikotun in Lagos and the search party also moved to Ikotun to rescue the victim.
“When the fake kidnappers realised that the police were closing in on them, the supposed victim called the complainant to inform him that she has been released after she gave them the N8,000 the father sent to her bank account.”
The CP said Dorcas later confessed to have masterminded the kidnap, adding that she planned the kidnap with her friend, Ogunbanjo, who allegedly provided the hideout.
- “Let your daughter be happy, please” – Chrissy Teigen tells Meghan Markle’s Dad - July 30, 2018
- Three sisters confess to killing their dad after “years of sexual abuse and torture” - July 30, 2018
- “Happy birthday to my double blessing” – Femi Adebayo celebrates his twin sons as they clock a year older - July 30, 2018
- Groom, family members die in car crash on their way to wedding - July 30, 2018
- Celebrity Families: Beyonce and Jay-Z hang out backstage with DJ Khaled and his family at their On the Run II Tour (Photos) - July 30, 2018
- See this Nigerian father’s reactions for seeing his daughter after 2 years - July 30, 2018
- Photos from the wedding of Taraba state governor’s son - July 30, 2018
- Chelsea striker, Alvaro Morata and wife Alice Campello welcome lovely set of twins - July 30, 2018
- Iyabo Ojo’s children excited to see their dad for the first time in 6years - July 30, 2018
- Adorable new photos of Femi Fani-Kayode’s triplets - July 30, 2018