A 25-year-old student, Izuchukwu Victor, appeared in a Mararaba Upper Area Court, Nasarawa, on Monday for allegedly beating a lady, Confidence Ituma, to a coma.
Victor of no fixed address is facing a four-count of criminal trespass, defamation of character, assault and causing hurt.According to The News Agency Of Nigeria, the Prosecutor, Mr Heman Donald, told the court that the accused committed the offences on Dec. 24, 2016 at about 9.00 a.m. in Aso Pada, Mararaba, Nasarawa.
Donald said the matter was reported by Ituma of Aso Pada in Mararaba at the ‘A’ Division Police Station, Mararaba, Nasarawa, on Dec. 26, 2016.
He said that Victor went to the complainant house, accused her of insulting him and beat her to a state of unconsciousness.
Donald said before the accused beat the lady, he called her all kinds of names, adding that as a result of the beating, the complainant sustained serious injuries.
The prosecutor said the offences contravened sections 348, 392, 265 and 244 of the Penal Code.
The accused pleaded not guilty.
The Presiding Officer, Mr Ibrahim Shekarau, granted bail to the accused in the sum of N50,000 with one surety in like sum.
Shekarau said the surety must reside within the court’s jurisdiction, present two passport photographs and an affidavit of means.
He adjourned the case till Feb. 1 for hearing.
- Tips on How to Ensure Your Kids are Safe Online - November 8, 2017
- How to Help Your Child Answer the Question, “Where’s your Daddy” - November 1, 2017
- What can Women Learn from Men about Parenting? - October 19, 2017
- A survival guide for working parents: How to balance family and career - October 12, 2017
- The Financial Considerations Every New Parent Should Make - October 11, 2017
- How Companies Can Support New Parents - October 11, 2017
- SECRETS TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE [PART 2] - October 10, 2017
- Should Single Mums Become Dad’s on Father’s Day? - October 8, 2017
- A New Study Confirms That The Curse Of The Second-Born Child Is Real - October 8, 2017
- How to Build Your Confidence as a First Time Mother; Judith’s Story - October 6, 2017