A 25-year-old student, Izuchukwu Victor, appeared in a Mararaba Upper Area Court, Nasarawa, on Monday for allegedly beating a lady, Confidence Ituma, to a coma.
Victor of no fixed address is facing a four-count of criminal trespass, defamation of character, assault and causing hurt.According to The News Agency Of Nigeria, the Prosecutor, Mr Heman Donald, told the court that the accused committed the offences on Dec. 24, 2016 at about 9.00 a.m. in Aso Pada, Mararaba, Nasarawa.
Donald said the matter was reported by Ituma of Aso Pada in Mararaba at the ‘A’ Division Police Station, Mararaba, Nasarawa, on Dec. 26, 2016.
He said that Victor went to the complainant house, accused her of insulting him and beat her to a state of unconsciousness.
Donald said before the accused beat the lady, he called her all kinds of names, adding that as a result of the beating, the complainant sustained serious injuries.
The prosecutor said the offences contravened sections 348, 392, 265 and 244 of the Penal Code.
The accused pleaded not guilty.
The Presiding Officer, Mr Ibrahim Shekarau, granted bail to the accused in the sum of N50,000 with one surety in like sum.
Shekarau said the surety must reside within the court’s jurisdiction, present two passport photographs and an affidavit of means.
He adjourned the case till Feb. 1 for hearing.
- Husband pleads Not Guilty to Murder of Alizee & Daughter - April 11, 2018
- PRAY FOR GOD’S FAVOUR - April 11, 2018
- 4 things single parents will not tell you about their situation. - March 26, 2018
- Tips on Raising Your Daughter as a Single Dad - March 25, 2018
- What is Cryptocurrency ? Cryptocurrency 101, what you should know - March 11, 2018
- WHAT ARE THE SIGNS OF NON-VERBAL COMMUNICATION FROM YOUR SPOUSE - March 6, 2018
- HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT? HOW TO BE PATIENT WHILE SINGLE - March 5, 2018
- 14 Sex Rules That Every Couple Must Follow for a Great Sex Life - March 4, 2018
- WE HAD SEX BEFORE OUR WEDDING. ARE THERE CONSEQUENCES? FIND OUT NOW! - March 4, 2018
- The Dos and Don’ts of Dealing With Your In-Laws - February 25, 2018