Three Nigerian siblings, Gloria, Victor and Blessing Oyeniyi have made their parents proud after realizing their dreams of becoming doctors.
In an interview with FOX 26, the siblings revealed that they achieved their dreams because of their parents.
They attributed their success to their parents, nothing that becoming doctors was dream their parents vision for them.
The eldest sibling Gloria said: “I know people look at us and say, ‘Gosh, you’re so successful and you’ve done so much!’. The true success is my parents.”
Gloria also revealed that they had moved to Texas in 1995 after their parents made a decision that they would have a better education outside the country.
She said: “We were on welfare for a while, coming back in the U.S and starting back up. My mom was a janitor at her first job when she started back over, and they both went back and got their college degrees and their master’s degrees.”
Victor added: “They wanted and they aspired for us to be doctors, whether it was medical or professional. They just wanted us to have that title, and be the best at anything we chose to be.”
Blessing who is the youngest of the three noted that studying courses in pre-medical at Havard University was difficult for her even though studying had always come easy to her.
She said: “It was very difficult, it was one of the hardest things I’d ever done. I’d always excelled before that.”
Gloria Oyeniyi graduates from John P. and Kathrine G. McGovrn Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). The young woman now works as a mental health professional.
Victor Oyeniyi graduated with doctorate from Texas Southern University and became a pharmacist while Blessing Oyeniyi is also a recent McGovern Medical School graduate who is currently completing her residency in Austin.
- Letting go and letting God in relationships. - November 14, 2018
- Signs that you are being Ghosted in a Relationship - November 14, 2018
- The Best Sex Positions During Pregnancy - October 30, 2018
- Cucumber benefits for men: Cucumber wonders is more than boosting men’s sex drive - October 26, 2018
- Benefits of bitter kola - October 23, 2018
- How God Can Bring People Together - October 17, 2018
- Being Ghosted in a Relationship. - October 11, 2018
- Fighting for my marriage.If you don’t have these 6 conversations, it can never be “Happily ever after…” - September 12, 2018
- The 3 P’s That Can Poison Your Marriage - September 12, 2018
- Heavily pregnant Linda Ikeji spotted exercising by showing off her dancing moves - September 6, 2018