The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Niger State Command, have arrested a 35-year-old man, Musa Umar, for pouring hot water on his mother in Minna, the state capital.
According to reports, Umar was believed to be under the influence of alcohol and cannabis while carrying out the act which caused his mother grievous injuries.
It was gathered that the suspect who lived on Okada road with his mother was known for excessive consumption of alcohol.
While confessing to his crime, he said; “I actually poured the hot water on her without any genuine reason. I am ok, I don’t regret it.”
It was learnt that Umar had attempted to kill his mother twice by hitting her with stones and stabbing her with knife.
The mother, Mrs. Umar, who is currently on admission at a private hospital, is responding to treatment.
The Niger State commandant of the corps, Philip Ayuba, stated that the culprit did not show any remorse for his action.
According to the commandant, the suspect confessed during interrogation that he had attempted to kill the mother several times, adding that Umar would be arraigned in court after investigation.
- How to let go and let God:Letting go and letting God in Relationships - December 2, 2018
- How to Spice up your Marriage - November 28, 2018
- How to know God’s Will in a Relationship - November 28, 2018
- Check out the Best Aso-Ebi Styles Of The Week - November 28, 2018
- Adorable family photo to celebrate 29th wedding anniversary of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and his wife Dolapo. - November 25, 2018
- Guarding your Heart in a Relationship - November 25, 2018
- How does God Bring Two People Together - November 25, 2018
- Kevin Hart son Kenzo clocks one - November 21, 2018
- Examples of being Unequally Yoked in Relationships - November 18, 2018
- Letting go and letting God in relationships. - November 14, 2018