The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Niger State Command, have arrested a 35-year-old man, Musa Umar, for pouring hot water on his mother in Minna, the state capital.
According to reports, Umar was believed to be under the influence of alcohol and cannabis while carrying out the act which caused his mother grievous injuries.
It was gathered that the suspect who lived on Okada road with his mother was known for excessive consumption of alcohol.
While confessing to his crime, he said; “I actually poured the hot water on her without any genuine reason. I am ok, I don’t regret it.”
It was learnt that Umar had attempted to kill his mother twice by hitting her with stones and stabbing her with knife.
The mother, Mrs. Umar, who is currently on admission at a private hospital, is responding to treatment.
The Niger State commandant of the corps, Philip Ayuba, stated that the culprit did not show any remorse for his action.
According to the commandant, the suspect confessed during interrogation that he had attempted to kill the mother several times, adding that Umar would be arraigned in court after investigation.
- If you don’t have these 6 conversations, it can never be “Happily ever after…” - September 12, 2018
- The 3 P’s That Can Poison Your Marriage - September 12, 2018
- Heavily pregnant Linda Ikeji spotted exercising by showing off her dancing moves - September 6, 2018
- This Woman has been Carrying her sick Husband on her back for 5 years (watch video) - September 4, 2018
- Instagram user reveals how he almost poisoned his brother over 9ice and Ruggedman’s beef - September 4, 2018
- Archbishop Duncan-Williams explains why his first marriage of 26-years failed - September 4, 2018
- See lovely photo of Dbanj and his wife Lineo as they baecation in Dubai - September 4, 2018
- MC Galaxy announces his wedding date, says he is marrying the best woman in the world - September 4, 2018
- This 4-Year-Old ‘Superhero’ called 999 when his mum Collapsed (Watch Video) - September 4, 2018
- Wizkid’s first baby mama, Shola Ogudu calls him a toxic parent? - September 4, 2018