The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Niger State Command, have arrested a 35-year-old man, Musa Umar, for pouring hot water on his mother in Minna, the state capital.
According to reports, Umar was believed to be under the influence of alcohol and cannabis while carrying out the act which caused his mother grievous injuries.
It was gathered that the suspect who lived on Okada road with his mother was known for excessive consumption of alcohol.
While confessing to his crime, he said; “I actually poured the hot water on her without any genuine reason. I am ok, I don’t regret it.”
It was learnt that Umar had attempted to kill his mother twice by hitting her with stones and stabbing her with knife.
The mother, Mrs. Umar, who is currently on admission at a private hospital, is responding to treatment.
The Niger State commandant of the corps, Philip Ayuba, stated that the culprit did not show any remorse for his action.
According to the commandant, the suspect confessed during interrogation that he had attempted to kill the mother several times, adding that Umar would be arraigned in court after investigation.
- Busola Dakolo is missing her husband! - June 24, 2018
- Halle Berry shares rare photo of her son with Olivier Martinez - June 24, 2018
- Fela Anikulapo’s daughter dares women to compete with “a glorious beauty” like hers over a man - June 24, 2018
- Women in Saudi Arabia are now legally allowed to drive - June 24, 2018
- Tia Mowry shares photo of her tummy 7 weeks after child birth, reveals not every woman snaps back immediately - June 24, 2018
- See the amazing transformation of this burn survivor on her wedding day - June 24, 2018
- Actor Muyiwa Ademola and wife celebrate 12th wedding anniversary - June 24, 2018
- Model Chanel Iman and hubby Sterling Shepard expecting baby girl - June 24, 2018
- If women are truly supporting women, there won’t be an Epidemic of Sidechicks – Joro Olumofin - June 24, 2018
- Actress Nkechi Blessing reveals what she looks out for in a man - June 24, 2018