Eggs are highly nutritious and packed full of nutrient that the body needs to stay healthy and active. Many people view eggs as just a food, but we will be surprised at the many great job this food does for our entire system. From helping us lose the unwanted weight, to helping our bones grow strong, the benefits are conntless.
Here are 4 great health benefits of eggs.
It is by far the most nutritious food on the planet. I large boiled egg contains
- Vitamin A: 6% of the RDA.
- Folate: 5% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B5: 7% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B12: 9% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B2: 15% of the RDA.
- Phosphorus: 9% of the RDA.
- Selenium: 22% of the RDA.
- and a good amount of Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Calcium and Zinc. It also has just 77 calories, 6 grams of protein and 5 grams of healthy fats
Now tis is actual;y something really important but most people do nit know about it and do not get the required amount their system needs.It most times grouped with B vitamins.
Choline, aids in building cell membranes and also helps produce signaling molecules in the brain. Eggs are a great source of choline as just one egg contains more than 100 mg.
Contains Lutein and Zeaxanthin
These are antioxidants that are of great value for healthy eyes. As we age, our eyes begin to lose its strength and one of the nutrients that can ensure that this doesn’t happen is Lutein and Zeaxanthin; they help curb the degenerative processes that can affect our eyes by building up the retina of the eye
According to Authority Nutrition
Studies show that consuming adequate amounts of these nutrients can significantly reduce the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration, two very common eye disorders
Egg yolks actually contain large amounts of both Lutein and Zeaxanthin.
In one controlled trial, eating just 1.3 egg yolks per day for 4.5 weeks increased blood levels of Lutein by 28-50% and Zeaxanthin by 114-142%
Eggs are also high in Vitamin A, which deserves another mention here. Vitamin A deficiency is the most common cause of blindness in the world
High in protein and contains essential amino acids
Eggs are known to abhor great amount of protein and his nutrient protein, is the main building blocks of the human body as it is used in creating several tissues and molecules that serve both structural and functional purposes.
Making sure that our diet contains enough protein is highly important and studies have shown that currently recommended amounts may be too low.With a large egg containing 6 grams, this food is highly powerful as it can also aid in weight loss.
For many who are striving really hard to lose the excess weight they carry around, they should know that eggs contain the nutrient that can help them shed the weight in no time.Also, eggs increase muscle mass, lower blood pressure and optimize bone health, to name a few other great work it does for the entire human body.
About Bayo AjibolaAll about Parenting, And Loads of Entertainments. Let's hear from you.Join the conversation on our Forum and , like us on our Facebook page .Google+
- Suspected kidnapper apprehended after abducting boy in Lagos - July 26, 2018
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle melt hearts as they kiss at the Sentebale Polo Match - July 26, 2018
- Alaafin of Oyo with all his wives at daughter’s Royal wedding (photos) - July 25, 2018
- How We Discovered the Secret to a Better Sex Life - July 25, 2018
- The Pain of Losing A Child - July 25, 2018
- 5 New Year Resolutions for every Single Mother - July 25, 2018
- Video of a woman Giving Birth In her back Garden - July 24, 2018
- College Life for a Single Mum - July 22, 2018
- Teaching Self Defence to your Teenager - July 22, 2018
- Parents,Reverend Funke Adejumo may be barred from entering the UK, US here is why - July 20, 2018