Nearly everyone is worrying that what children are tutored in schools will never be relevant during their adult lives. You could possibly go along with that or disagree, that doesn’t make a difference. Everyone knows there are more very important life lessons for children. I discovered all of this life lessons for children on Quora, printed it and today have it on my ‘Inspiration board’.
Life Lessons for Kids
1. Don’t dream your life, live your dreams.
2. Mistakes are your best friend. Aside from things like riding bulls or kissing cobras, never miss an opportunity where you can make a mistake. From mistakes we learn.
3. Care deeply about something.
4. Leave the world a better place than you found it.
5. Use your time, talents, and mind to help those around you. Even if you don’t have money, you can influence your world.
6. Be brave! Speak out and share your unique perspective. Make connections, innovate, and don’t be afraid of failure.
7. Appreciate the small things in life.
8. Life is the journey, not the destination.
9. Never give up on a dream.
10. Take chances on new things.
11. Listen to your heart.
12. Every person you meet knows something that you don’t.
13. If you have a question, ask.
14. Be confident in yourself.
15. Never bow down if you are not wrong.
16. Help the Helpless.
17. Don’t be bothered with what others might think of you. Be your own person and stay true to what you believe and know to be true.
18. You can never say “I love you” too often to the people who really matter to you.
19. No matter what be honest to the person you love.
20. If you have a dream – get on with it.
21. You will regret the things you don’t do more than the things you do.
22. You are responsible for what you do and how you handle life’s issues.
23. Admitting when you are wrong, when you don’t know, and apologizing are not signs of weakness, but of strong character.
24. No one really has a clue to what is going on, everyone is just like you.. Figuring it out as they go along.
25. Happiness doesn’t come from perfection, perfection comes from happiness.
26. Being weird is something that should be celebrated. Embrace who you are.
27. Everyone has his own story. Never be quick to judge.
28. Mind your own business.
29. Surround yourself with people who let you grow.
30. Mean what you say. If what you’re about to say is mean, then don’t say anything at all.
31. People and places are a reflection of your perceptions – hate yourself and the world is hateful, love yourself and the world is wonderful.
32. Smile. A positive attitude will get you through most problems.
33. Don’t sweat the small stuff. A lot of life’s problems are not worth worrying about.
34. Words hit harder than a punch. Choose them wisely.
35. You can’t get to the top without climbing to it.
36. Above anything, be happy. If you aren’t happy, change something. Don’t think about it. Change it.
37. Spend more time listening than talking.
38. Making assumptions is the worst thing you can do to yourself and others around you.
39. Being a producer of content is much better than a consumer of content. Don’t just sit and read, watch, listen, play etc but do something. Write a paragraph. Create a tune.
40. The best things in life are free.
41. The only thing you take with you when you die are your experiences. Collect them. Nurture them. Cherish them.
42. You should be able to live with your choices, as well as the consequences.
43. It doesn’t matter how smart you are. If you don’t know how to work hard and rebound from disappointment, you won’t reach your potential. No matter what reality TV says, life isn’t just handed to you.
44. It’s okay to be different, and to appreciate differences in others and in ourselves.
45. You owe us nothing. You owe your own kids everything.
46. Learn to think critically. Question. Be skeptical. This is how you become who you are, not a copy of those around you.
47. Learn how to fail. What to do when they fail. How to know when failure is the universe calling for another approach and when it is evidence that you should try something else entirely.
48. Find a job you enjoy and that gives you a reason to live.
49. Being in the moment is the only choice you have – be it a painful one, or a lighthearted one.
50. Eat healthy. Don’t smoke. Don’t drink too much. Get exercise. Take care of your teeth. Pay your bills on time. Reply to personal e-mails. Show up on time. Make time for your friends.
You will possibly not have the ability to teach your children all of the above listed life lessons for kids, but it’s our responsibility to at the very least make an effort!
- Tips on How to Ensure Your Kids are Safe Online - November 8, 2017
- How to Help Your Child Answer the Question, “Where’s your Daddy” - November 1, 2017
- What can Women Learn from Men about Parenting? - October 19, 2017
- A survival guide for working parents: How to balance family and career - October 12, 2017
- The Financial Considerations Every New Parent Should Make - October 11, 2017
- How Companies Can Support New Parents - October 11, 2017
- SECRETS TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE [PART 2] - October 10, 2017
- Should Single Mums Become Dad’s on Father’s Day? - October 8, 2017
- A New Study Confirms That The Curse Of The Second-Born Child Is Real - October 8, 2017
- How to Build Your Confidence as a First Time Mother; Judith’s Story - October 6, 2017