Most mothers (mostly new mothers) are concerned about what food should they give to their babies, what amount of nutrients (minerals and vitamins) is needed and what is required at a certain age or stage to support their change in growth. Here are some healthy and nutritious foods to feed your baby for a healthy growth.
- Diary Foods
Foods like Milk, Yoghurt and cheese are rich in calcium, vitamin D, protein and phosphorus which will give your baby strong teeth and bones. Babies under 1 get milk from breast milk and baby formular until they are old enough to have cow’s milk. Whole milk yoghurt without sugar should be fed to your baby as babies need fats in their diet. Cheese can be chopped in their meal or as a snack.
Avocado is a fruit-vegetable food that is high in protein and non-saturated fats which prevents heart disease and boots brain development. Mash the avocado (without skin) to make an avocado puree for your baby.
- Eggs and Fish
Eggs are rich in protein and vitamin D for your baby’s development. Fish also is rich in protein and vitamins. Both foods should be packed into your baby’s diet.
- Red Meat, Chicken
Both food contain protein and iron which is an essential nutrient for your baby’s growth and brain development. You can begin to mash meat and chicken (puree) into your baby’s food (less than a year) or cut in squares to eat (more than a year old).
Fruits such as citrus fruits (oranges, lemons) banana, blueberries, carrots, prunes are essential foods that contain vitamins, minerals, carbohydrate, antioxidants, potassium and other nutrients which help develop your baby’s general growth and development. You can make purees, squash or dice as picky foods out of the fruits.
Babies require some important and essential vegetables in their diets. Broccoli, sweet potatoes are good source of fiber, protein and potassium which helps prevent cancer and enhance the baby’s growth and development. Add some broccoli to your child’s diet and babies love sweet potatoes because of its taste, make a mashed potato-puree out of it.
It is however, advisable to consult your pediatrician where confused on what foods are suitable for your baby.
- Ariana Grande Suspends Tour After Manchester Attack - May 23, 2017
- Roger Moore dead at 89 – tributes pour in for James Bond actor from friends and love ones - May 23, 2017
- WATCH: Julia Roberts gives George Clooney wonderful tips on parenting twins - May 23, 2017
- Slaughter Of The Innocents: Suicide bomber strikes at Manchester Arena Twenty-two people are killed and 59 injured in terrorist attack. - May 23, 2017
- Daniel K Daniel is now ENGAGED - May 23, 2017
- Daddy’s Girl! Mahershala Ali bonding with his Adorable Baby - May 23, 2017
- HIS ATTITUDE HAS CHANGED TOWARDS ME BUT HE IS STILL PUSHING FOR THE MARRIAGE - May 23, 2017
- He Thinks We Married Too Soon - May 22, 2017
- WHAT SHOULD YOU DO WHEN YOUR SPOUSE SAYS HE DOESN’T WANT TO BE MARRIED ANYMORE? - May 22, 2017
- Pictures from Mike Awoyinfa’s son wedding in Abuja - May 21, 2017