Most mothers (mostly new mothers) are concerned about what food should they give to their babies, what amount of nutrients (minerals and vitamins) is needed and what is required at a certain age or stage to support their change in growth. Here are some healthy and nutritious foods to feed your baby for a healthy growth.
- Diary Foods
Foods like Milk, Yoghurt and cheese are rich in calcium, vitamin D, protein and phosphorus which will give your baby strong teeth and bones. Babies under 1 get milk from breast milk and baby formular until they are old enough to have cow’s milk. Whole milk yoghurt without sugar should be fed to your baby as babies need fats in their diet. Cheese can be chopped in their meal or as a snack.
Avocado is a fruit-vegetable food that is high in protein and non-saturated fats which prevents heart disease and boots brain development. Mash the avocado (without skin) to make an avocado puree for your baby.
- Eggs and Fish
Eggs are rich in protein and vitamin D for your baby’s development. Fish also is rich in protein and vitamins. Both foods should be packed into your baby’s diet.
- Red Meat, Chicken
Both food contain protein and iron which is an essential nutrient for your baby’s growth and brain development. You can begin to mash meat and chicken (puree) into your baby’s food (less than a year) or cut in squares to eat (more than a year old).
Fruits such as citrus fruits (oranges, lemons) banana, blueberries, carrots, prunes are essential foods that contain vitamins, minerals, carbohydrate, antioxidants, potassium and other nutrients which help develop your baby’s general growth and development. You can make purees, squash or dice as picky foods out of the fruits.
Babies require some important and essential vegetables in their diets. Broccoli, sweet potatoes are good source of fiber, protein and potassium which helps prevent cancer and enhance the baby’s growth and development. Add some broccoli to your child’s diet and babies love sweet potatoes because of its taste, make a mashed potato-puree out of it.
It is however, advisable to consult your pediatrician where confused on what foods are suitable for your baby.
- Beyoncé and Jay Z’s twins are been treated for jaundice following premature birth - June 26, 2017
- TO CANE OR NOT TO CANE? - June 26, 2017
- Trusting In God’s Promise For Marriage - June 25, 2017
- Mortified parents look helplessly on their nannycam as the registered nurse they employed to look after their special needs son, 2, cruelly beats him before they call 911 and cops save him - June 24, 2017
- 4 Phrases You Should Never Utter to Your Husband, No Matter How Tempting - June 23, 2017
- Lucky baby born on airplane awarded free flights for life - June 20, 2017
- HAPPY FATHERS DAY - June 18, 2017
- 3 Steps to Falling in Love with Your Spouse Again - June 18, 2017
- Moms Need a Full Year for Recovery After Giving Birth New Study Reveals - June 14, 2017
- Is it possible to still have your period while you are pregnant? - June 12, 2017