Most mothers (mostly new mothers) are concerned about what food should they give to their babies, what amount of nutrients (minerals and vitamins) is needed and what is required at a certain age or stage to support their change in growth. Here are some healthy and nutritious foods to feed your baby for a healthy growth.
- Diary Foods
Foods like Milk, Yoghurt and cheese are rich in calcium, vitamin D, protein and phosphorus which will give your baby strong teeth and bones. Babies under 1 get milk from breast milk and baby formular until they are old enough to have cow’s milk. Whole milk yoghurt without sugar should be fed to your baby as babies need fats in their diet. Cheese can be chopped in their meal or as a snack.
Avocado is a fruit-vegetable food that is high in protein and non-saturated fats which prevents heart disease and boots brain development. Mash the avocado (without skin) to make an avocado puree for your baby.
- Eggs and Fish
Eggs are rich in protein and vitamin D for your baby’s development. Fish also is rich in protein and vitamins. Both foods should be packed into your baby’s diet.
- Red Meat, Chicken
Both food contain protein and iron which is an essential nutrient for your baby’s growth and brain development. You can begin to mash meat and chicken (puree) into your baby’s food (less than a year) or cut in squares to eat (more than a year old).
Fruits such as citrus fruits (oranges, lemons) banana, blueberries, carrots, prunes are essential foods that contain vitamins, minerals, carbohydrate, antioxidants, potassium and other nutrients which help develop your baby’s general growth and development. You can make purees, squash or dice as picky foods out of the fruits.
Babies require some important and essential vegetables in their diets. Broccoli, sweet potatoes are good source of fiber, protein and potassium which helps prevent cancer and enhance the baby’s growth and development. Add some broccoli to your child’s diet and babies love sweet potatoes because of its taste, make a mashed potato-puree out of it.
It is however, advisable to consult your pediatrician where confused on what foods are suitable for your baby.
- Suspected kidnapper apprehended after abducting boy in Lagos - July 26, 2018
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle melt hearts as they kiss at the Sentebale Polo Match - July 26, 2018
- Alaafin of Oyo with all his wives at daughter’s Royal wedding (photos) - July 25, 2018
- How We Discovered the Secret to a Better Sex Life - July 25, 2018
- The Pain of Losing A Child - July 25, 2018
- 5 New Year Resolutions for every Single Mother - July 25, 2018
- Video of a woman Giving Birth In her back Garden - July 24, 2018
- College Life for a Single Mum - July 22, 2018
- Teaching Self Defence to your Teenager - July 22, 2018
- Parents,Reverend Funke Adejumo may be barred from entering the UK, US here is why - July 20, 2018