A man identified as Duff Ibanga, on Saturady rescued a 6-month-old baby, who was abandoned at Idemili forest in the Idemili Local Government Area of Anambra state.
The baby was rescued at about 6am. Ibanga said the baby’s cries drew his attention while passing through the area, adding that after picking the baby, he quickly reported the matter to the police.
“The baby is now with the police; I wanted to take him to a church but I later changed my mind to avoid problems”, he said.
The spokesperson for the police in the state, Mr Haruna Mohammed, who confirmed the incident said:
“At about 0600hrs, one Duff Ibanga male of Umuota Village Obosi brought to Obosi Division a six-month-old baby alleged to have been abandoned in a bush along Idemili Junction road Obosi.
“The scene was visited by police detectives attached to juvenile and welfare unit of the division. The case is under investigation to ascertain the circumstances surrounding the incident and effort is ongoing to trace the biological mother of the baby.”
Mohammed added that the baby had been handed over to a motherless babies home for safe keeping.
He also urged members of the public with useful information that could assist in tracing the parents of the child to report at Obosi Police Division.
- Letting go and letting God in relationships. - November 14, 2018
- Signs that you are being Ghosted in a Relationship - November 14, 2018
- The Best Sex Positions During Pregnancy - October 30, 2018
- Cucumber benefits for men: Cucumber wonders is more than boosting men’s sex drive - October 26, 2018
- Benefits of bitter kola - October 23, 2018
- How God Can Bring People Together - October 17, 2018
- Being Ghosted in a Relationship. - October 11, 2018
- Fighting for my marriage.If you don’t have these 6 conversations, it can never be “Happily ever after…” - September 12, 2018
- The 3 P’s That Can Poison Your Marriage - September 12, 2018
- Heavily pregnant Linda Ikeji spotted exercising by showing off her dancing moves - September 6, 2018