A man identified as Duff Ibanga, on Saturady rescued a 6-month-old baby, who was abandoned at Idemili forest in the Idemili Local Government Area of Anambra state.
The baby was rescued at about 6am. Ibanga said the baby’s cries drew his attention while passing through the area, adding that after picking the baby, he quickly reported the matter to the police.
“The baby is now with the police; I wanted to take him to a church but I later changed my mind to avoid problems”, he said.
The spokesperson for the police in the state, Mr Haruna Mohammed, who confirmed the incident said:
“At about 0600hrs, one Duff Ibanga male of Umuota Village Obosi brought to Obosi Division a six-month-old baby alleged to have been abandoned in a bush along Idemili Junction road Obosi.
“The scene was visited by police detectives attached to juvenile and welfare unit of the division. The case is under investigation to ascertain the circumstances surrounding the incident and effort is ongoing to trace the biological mother of the baby.”
Mohammed added that the baby had been handed over to a motherless babies home for safe keeping.
He also urged members of the public with useful information that could assist in tracing the parents of the child to report at Obosi Police Division.
- Romantic Valentine’s Day Messages for Her - February 13, 2019
- Essential tips for When Someone you love hurts you Deeply - February 11, 2019
- Senator wear designs for men in Nigeria (PHOTOS) - January 26, 2019
- Senator Native Designs For Men 2019 - January 26, 2019
- Ibidunni Ighodalo has given birth to a baby boy after 19 years of waiting. - January 23, 2019
- When He disappears for a few Days - January 23, 2019
- When God takes away a Relationship - January 23, 2019
- What should a Husband do in a Sexless Marriage - January 23, 2019
- Scriptures to Speak over your Child - December 31, 2018
- EWEDU AND ITS HEALTH BENEFITS.10 Health Benefits of Ewedu leaf - December 31, 2018