It’s a new week and we all couldn’t be more grateful right? While some of us have been looking forward to this new week all weekend, a few others didn’t as they were confused on what the week will holds and will bring, as well as how to even go about it. If you happen to be in this boat, take it from me, you are not alone in that boat.
Life, itself is no easy fry and we as humans, need all the help we can get to keep moving and hoping for a much better tomorrow. No man is an island you know, which brings us to today’s topic, inspiring quotes that can help us start our week and even our lives on a better renewed path.
Today, we will be discussing some quotes by very important personalities in life, who have weathered aggressive storms to become the success they are today. Yes, all of these people mentioned below are a success story already and will continue been told and it will be of great help to many of us to start our week with some very important and inspiring quotes from these people.
From quotes about success, parenting, life, patriarchy, love, you name it, we present to you 8 inspiring quotes to start our week with.
Good morning Naija Parents, we hope you all have a fun filled, result-birthing week ahead.
“Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.”— Oprah Winfrey
“Financial independence is paramount. My mom always says that when a woman is financially independent, she has the ability to live life on her own terms. I think that was the soundest advice that I ever got.”—Priyanka Chopra
“I like looking nice, but I always put comfort over fashion. I don’t find thin girls attractive; be happy and healthy. I’ve never had a problem with the way I look. I’d rather have lunch with my friends than go to a gym.”—Adele
“Everything we say signifies; everything counts, that we put out into the world. It impacts on kids, it impacts on the zeitgeist of the time.”—Meryl Streep
Chimamda Adichie [Patriarchy]
“We teach girls to shrink themselves, to make themselves smaller. We say to girls: ‘You can have ambition, but not too much. You should aim to be successful, but not too successful. Otherwise, you will threaten the man.”— Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Oprah Winfrey [Success]
”Don’t worry about being successful, but work towards being significant and the success will naturally follow” – Oprah Winfrey
”Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know whta you truly want to become ”- Steve Jobs
“I never cut class. I loved getting A’s, I liked being smart. I liked being on time. I thought being smart is cooler than anything in the world.” —Michelle Obama
- Suspected kidnapper apprehended after abducting boy in Lagos - July 26, 2018
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle melt hearts as they kiss at the Sentebale Polo Match - July 26, 2018
- Alaafin of Oyo with all his wives at daughter’s Royal wedding (photos) - July 25, 2018
- How We Discovered the Secret to a Better Sex Life - July 25, 2018
- The Pain of Losing A Child - July 25, 2018
- 5 New Year Resolutions for every Single Mother - July 25, 2018
- Video of a woman Giving Birth In her back Garden - July 24, 2018
- College Life for a Single Mum - July 22, 2018
- Teaching Self Defence to your Teenager - July 22, 2018
- Parents,Reverend Funke Adejumo may be barred from entering the UK, US here is why - July 20, 2018