An African man based in the US has reportedly lost his life while trying to save his wife during a fire incident.
The man is reportedly from Ghana, according to a Facebook user Franklin Cudjoe, who happens to be a schoolmate of the deceased identified him as Benjamin York.
Taking to social media to mourn his friend, Franklin Cudjoe wrote:
“York, rest in peace bro. Folks, the gentleman here was my mate in St. Mary Seminary & Secondary School . He died in a fire yesterday in New York while attempting to save the wife. The wife survived though. The incident was reported on major news wires. Mr. York, sorry bro,” he said.
The reports indicate that York and another man were working on a Range Rover in a garage in their house when the smoke and fire erupted at about 1:45 pm local time on Saturday.
While the other man ran across the street to call for help, York rushed inside to go and find his wife. The wife managed to escape the home, but the man was found dead inside after firefighters brought the blaze under control in about 30 minutes.
“It’s sad, just sad, I’m sad, very sad. He’s a hard working good man, good boy, he do everything for me,” Howard Mammie, York’s neighbour who was overcome with emotion, told 6abc.com, NEWSCASTARS.COM learnt.
- Man shoots wife, brother dead after catching them in bed - January 20, 2019
- Linda Ikeji’s Son Jayce Is 4 Months Old Today - January 20, 2019
- So Touching! My female friend who was married to an old Alhaji at age 12 died at childbirth - January 20, 2019
- Speed Darlington shoot his shot at Tiwa Savage - January 20, 2019
- Despite being in love with Queen Ure, we never married – Soul E Baba - January 20, 2019
- How to deal with your husband’s side chic disturbing your marriage - January 19, 2019
- Could My GF Be Cheating? Man Ask After Seeing Girlfriend Driving Strange Man’s G-Wagon - January 19, 2019
- Help! Am I in love with my own sister - January 19, 2019
- Trusting my heart with the wrong man turn me to a single mom - January 19, 2019
- Young boy dragged after showcasing his ‘underage’ lover on social media - January 19, 2019