Reddit Co-founder, Alexis Ohanian, whose love for his wife Serena Williams has been shown effortlessly, is back again with a special video tribute to the tennis star.
According to Alexis Ohanian, he made the special video for Serena Williams just to let her know he is proud of her. Ahead of the 2018 U.S. Open Finals on Saturday, Ohanian shared the video along with a sweet message to his wife of 10 months.
“She fought for her life, for our child, for recognition, for equal pay, for women’s rights,” the Reddit co-founder wrote. “She never gives up. She’s passionate and unrelenting and the most inspiring person I know.”
In the video which opened with the tennis star’a post-game interview after winning the semifinals round on Thursday, the reporter could be heard acknowledging how Williams was not in the championship last year.
There was also some throw back memories of Williams’ life over the past year, including personal footage of the tennis pro and her daughter Alexis Olympia in the hospital immediately after her birth, as well as Serena Williams preparing for and playing in matches.
The Tennis Star’s interview, in which she was asked what it means to return to the finals a year later, also made it to the video tribute. Her eloquent and emotional explanation could be heard over past match footage, before returning to the original interview clip.
“It’s honestly really incredible. A year ago, I was fighting for literally my life at the hospital after I had the baby,” she explains. “Every day I step out on this court, I am so grateful that I have an opportunity to play this sport. No matter what happens in any match — semis finals, finals — I just feel like I’ve already won.”
Wrapping up the video tribute, Alexis Ohanian wrote:
“I had this made for @serenawilliams last night after her match with some home videos from 1 year ago this week.”
He then joked, “Help me make sure she sees it! #iloveyouserena”
Watch the video below:
View this post on Instagram
She fought for her life, for our child, for recognition, for equal pay, for women’s rights. She never gives up. She’s passionate and unrelenting and the most inspiring person I know. I had this made for @serenawilliams last night after her match with some home videos from 1 year ago this week. Help me make sure she sees it! #iloveyouserena
- Aliko Dangote’s nephew Mohammed weds Malaysian billionaire’s daughter - December 10, 2018
- HIV positive family members show off drugs they take daily - December 10, 2018
- Woman kills self, 2 children over husband’s plan to marry second wife - December 10, 2018
- You can’t embarrass my wife for talking politics in church – Sen. Akpabio criticises Bishop for scolding his wife during church service - December 10, 2018
- Buju Banton reunites with his daughter who was just 11-years old when he was jailed in 2011 - December 10, 2018
- Nigerian Couple who met on Twitter celebrate their engagement - December 10, 2018
- Thank you for elevating me to the club of motherhood – Vivian Chiologi-Shittu who welcomed her first child at 51, appreciates God as she turns a year older today - December 10, 2018
- I miss Cardi – Offset declares to the world after he and his wife split - December 10, 2018
- Drama As Woman’s Engagement Ring Falls Into The Drain Moments After Boyfriend Proposed - December 10, 2018
- Linda Ikeji Shares Photo Of Herself And Baby J, Reveals Her Banana Island House Is Now Worth N850M - December 10, 2018