An APC Chieftain and former Security Adviser to the Bayelsa State Government, Perekeme Richard Kpodo, has been accused of rape and unlawful detention of one Miss Teke Blessing in his hotel in Etegwe, Yenagoa, Bayelsa.
Kpodo, who was alleged to have raped miss Blessing Teke on the 20th of June 2018 at his Perry Rich hotel, was arraigned at the Yenagoa magistrate court earlier today.
It was learnt that his lawyer pleaded that his client should be granted bail on health challenges, but the council to the state submitted that the defendant has not proved beyond reasonable doubt his condition and he should present certifiable evidence of his health issues.
The presiding judge remanded him in prison custody and adjourned the matter to 10th of August 2018 for further hearing.
- “Let your daughter be happy, please” – Chrissy Teigen tells Meghan Markle’s Dad - July 30, 2018
- Three sisters confess to killing their dad after “years of sexual abuse and torture” - July 30, 2018
- “Happy birthday to my double blessing” – Femi Adebayo celebrates his twin sons as they clock a year older - July 30, 2018
- Groom, family members die in car crash on their way to wedding - July 30, 2018
- Celebrity Families: Beyonce and Jay-Z hang out backstage with DJ Khaled and his family at their On the Run II Tour (Photos) - July 30, 2018
- See this Nigerian father’s reactions for seeing his daughter after 2 years - July 30, 2018
- Photos from the wedding of Taraba state governor’s son - July 30, 2018
- Chelsea striker, Alvaro Morata and wife Alice Campello welcome lovely set of twins - July 30, 2018
- Iyabo Ojo’s children excited to see their dad for the first time in 6years - July 30, 2018
- Adorable new photos of Femi Fani-Kayode’s triplets - July 30, 2018