You probably already suspected as much, but new research backs up the long-held theory of:
a couple that prays together, stays together
But it’s not just simply praying; it’s attending regular church service with your spouse. According to a new study published by the Institute for Family Studies, these married couples who go to church together were “about 30 to 50 percent less likely to divorce than those who do not.”
The study also found that these church-going couples were also more likely to live longer and experience better mental health (in terms of depression).
But the Harvard University-based researcher warns not to imply causation from the correlations to higher church attendance. He suggests the lower divorce rates could very likely be due to the benefits of the church environment and/or the shared religious principles of that couple versus their actual attendance. For example, churches usually offer more family support and marriage programs for couples; Christian doctrine places a large emphasis on honoring marriage vows; Christian concepts emphasize unselfish and unconditional love and and various other beliefs, which all can play a role in the stability of a couple.
So Parents, Do you think going to church together has an impact on the strength of your marriage? Or do you think the couple’s principles and/or personal faith has more to do with their stability than actual church attendance?
- Tummy Size During Pregnancy: And Here Is The Reason Why You Shouldn’t Worry - July 21, 2017
- Mom Farts In Yoga Class And Lives To Tell The Hilarious Tale - July 21, 2017
- Gorgeous Pictures Of Ibidun Ighodalo And Her Daughter, Keke - July 21, 2017
- Pictures: Ex-Miss Tanzania, Millen Magese, Gave Birth to a baby Boy - July 21, 2017
- Heavily Pregnant Serena Williams Needs The Best Way To Sleep During The Night - July 21, 2017
- Nigerian Man Fight His Father-in-law For The Custody Of His Son After Wife’s Death During Childbirth - July 20, 2017
- Hot New Photos As Actress Dayo Amusa Celebrates Her Birthday - July 20, 2017
- Unbelievable Throwback Pictures Of Majek Fashek Together With His Mum, Grace Igodan - July 20, 2017
- Toyin Lawani Flaunts Her Son’s New Hair Style - July 20, 2017
- Cristiano Ronaldo CONFIRMS girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez is pregnant with his fourth child. - July 19, 2017