Benefits of bitter kola
Bitter Kola, even the name makes this reputed miracle supplement sound unpalatable. But don’t let the name fool you. Let’s look at some of the health benefits of bitter kola. Bitter Kola is believed to be a source of vitamins A, C, E, B1, B2, B3, minerals like calcium, potassium, and iron, and fiber and a slew of antioxidants. Along with a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle Bitter Kola can contribute to you living at your personal best. Benefits of bitter kola.
But what is it?
Bitter Kola, also known as Garcinia Kola, is a flowering plant found in subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests. Still looking at health benefits of bitter kola.Traditionally used by African healers, this plant is thought have purgative, antiparasitic, and antimicrobial properties. Of late it has been investigated for its aphrodisiac qualities and ability to help regulate sexual health in men. It has been also used to improve overall respiratory and digestive health and has a pharmacological pedigree dating from ancient times.
How to take it
The idea of eating something with “bitter” right in its name may be daunting to some but just as with any other supplement one can take Bitter Kola without experiencing its innate flavor. The brave can simply chew a raw nut to experience the boost in libido and virility this plant is said to enhance. For the more timid there are many over the counter brands that now offer Bitter Kola extracts in capsule form, tinctures or teas, sometimes labeled as “Garcinia”. You can gain the benefits of Bitter Kola without enduring the sometimes unpleasant taste that comes with it.
What it isn’t
As with many things in nature, the nut of the Bitter Kola plant is related botanically and/or etymologically to other plants that are not Bitter Kola. For instance, the Kola Nut itself isn’t Bitter Kola. Kola Nuts are grown in similar regions but are more famous for the caffeine they contain and for the ability to flavor some of our favorite soft drinks. Gotu Kola is another popular plant based supplement people swear by. But it likewise isn’t Bitter Kola. So when shopping for supplements make sure you know what you’re getting.
Is it for me?
While Bitter Kola has a reputation for helping with everything from glaucoma to bacterial infection and liver lethargy, it is a natural medicine and therefore comes with some warnings. Exhaustive studies on Bitter Kola have revealed that in a healthy person it can have myriad positive effects. But the effects of Bitter Kola can inhibit the efficacy of other supplements and even some prescription medications. So if you rely on any preparation on a regular basis check with your doctor to see if Bitter Kola is for you.
Now we know some of the health benefits of bitter kola.
- Letting go and letting God in relationships. - November 14, 2018
- Signs that you are being Ghosted in a Relationship - November 14, 2018
- The Best Sex Positions During Pregnancy - October 30, 2018
- Cucumber benefits for men: Cucumber wonders is more than boosting men’s sex drive - October 26, 2018
- Benefits of bitter kola - October 23, 2018
- How God Can Bring People Together - October 17, 2018
- Being Ghosted in a Relationship. - October 11, 2018
- Fighting for my marriage.If you don’t have these 6 conversations, it can never be “Happily ever after…” - September 12, 2018
- The 3 P’s That Can Poison Your Marriage - September 12, 2018
- Heavily pregnant Linda Ikeji spotted exercising by showing off her dancing moves - September 6, 2018