Not pleased with the ‘expensive bride price’ his kinsmen ask for during traditional marriages, the traditional ruler of Otukpa, the headquarters of Ogbadibo LGA of Benue, Chief Sir Sunday Ekele JP on a live programme on Thursday monitored by Joy FM, disclosed that prospective grooms in his community, have been banned from spending more than N100, 000 on traditional marriage.
According to the Chief, the decision became imperative following complaints from young men in the community that outrageous bride price has been discouraging them from getting married.
The monarch further said that any one found flaunting the new law would be penalized.
“Money should not prevent anyone from getting married in our community. From now onward, no one should spend more than hundred thousand naira before he gets a wife in our community. We need to encourage the young men so they won’t be scared of going into marriage,” he said.
- Tonto Dikeh reveals how she lost her baby weight - August 17, 2017
- I need out of house arrest to feed my kids! – DMX laments - August 17, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian man marries his older white lover (Photos) - August 17, 2017
- Kim Kardashian West Talks about having a third baby - August 17, 2017
- Pretty Mike- ‘You are stupid if you give your last kobo to your pastor to buy jet but dont have bicycle’ - August 17, 2017
- Odunlade Adekola is not the father of my child- actress Bukola Adeeyo cries out - August 17, 2017
- Timi Dakolo’s kids looks beautiful in matching outfits - August 17, 2017
- WHAT! ‘If my boyfriend is broke, I will cheat on him’ – Nigerian lady reveals, explains why - August 16, 2017
- THE LORD IS GOOD! 16 years after marriage,Nigerian pastors welcome set of twins (Photos) - August 16, 2017
- “One of the reasons I still work” – 2face enthuse over his daughter Isabella (Photo) - August 16, 2017