This BMI palava has since forever had a ring of hush, stay clear, don’t talk about it! Yes, but what is the big deal about it.
Body Mass Index (BMI) is the tool used to determine whether
We or our children have healthy weight or not. The ‘not’ is in two folds, it is either one is underweight or overweight or in other words obese when their height is taken into consideration.
There are genuine risks to being overweight. Being overweight creates chances for us to develop high blood pressure and the not so interesting but frustrating fact is that our blood pressure goes up as our body weight increases.
Other risks include high blood cholesterol and diabetes. These two duos are not great pals with our heart.
Being underweight too is risky as our immunity, fertility; bones are weakened, not to talk of decrease our energy levels.
Okay! Do you think BMI is a big deal now? Would you like to know your BMI?
Please go to the link below to calculate you BMI know how it is calculated and get information on how to loose or gain weight.
- Tips on How to Ensure Your Kids are Safe Online - November 8, 2017
- How to Help Your Child Answer the Question, “Where’s your Daddy” - November 1, 2017
- What can Women Learn from Men about Parenting? - October 19, 2017
- A survival guide for working parents: How to balance family and career - October 12, 2017
- The Financial Considerations Every New Parent Should Make - October 11, 2017
- How Companies Can Support New Parents - October 11, 2017
- SECRETS TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE [PART 2] - October 10, 2017
- Should Single Mums Become Dad’s on Father’s Day? - October 8, 2017
- A New Study Confirms That The Curse Of The Second-Born Child Is Real - October 8, 2017
- How to Build Your Confidence as a First Time Mother; Judith’s Story - October 6, 2017