The hosts represent the best of young Africans from across the continent, and will be presenting the 10th year celebrations of TFAA in grand style. Darey returns as a host after first hosting in 2009.
“I am excited to be coming to Nigeria for The Future Awards Africa,” said Matheba, who is also the first international brand ambassador for Revlon. “This is an exceptional platform telling Africa’s story in a unique, impactful way. Young
Africans see these nominees and winners and have been inspired over the past 10 years to to act right, to get involved and to live their dreams to the fullest.”
Darey just released his 4th studio album #Naked, highlighting a career at the top of songwriting, performing, running a music label and hosting West Africa’s most prestigious events.
“The Future Awards Africa is Africa’s biggest youth event because consistently for
10 years they have celebrated efforts of youths across the continent,” Darey said.
“It’s an honour to be a part of this landmark celebrations, and I am excited to be back on the TFAA stage!”
The Future Awards Africa 2015 – celebrating 10 years! – is presented by RED and UBA.
The award is held in partnership with the British High Commission, the Ford
Foundation, Microsoft, the US Consulate, the Canadian High Commission, Sterling Bank and The Tony Elumelu Foundation.
The Future Awards Africa (official hashtag: #TFAA10) will hold on 6 December in Lagos, Nigeria at the Intercontinental Hotel. The event is strictly by invitation.
About The Future Awards Africa
The Future Awards Africa has been called the ‘Nobel Prize for Young Africans’, and the ‘most important youth awards’ by Forbes. It is a set of prizes given annually to celebrate and accelerate innovation, creativity and enterprise amongst young Africans aged 18 – 31. It has produced over 150 winners and over 1550 nominees since its first edition in 2006.
It is presented in conjunction with The Future Project, which has a mandate to build empowered citizens across Africa, through (inclusive) enterprise and (active) citizenship. This focus on Human Capital Development is informed by our value proposition: Africa’s growth needs a generation of young people who are gainfully employed and able to demand and secure better leadership.
Our projects include Aiki.ng, an employability portal presented with Microsoft; the Nigeria Symposium for Young & Emerging Leaders, #StartupsAfrica, Intern4Jobs, The m-Hub, The Future Enterprise Support Scheme and The Future Africa Awards & Summit, described as ‘The Nobel Prize for Young Africans’.
With a network of funders and partners including the Tony Elumelu Foundation, Ford Foundation, the US Government, First Bank, MTN, The Canadian Embassy, HP, the Nigerian Government and the British Council, our work has spanned Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, Tanzania, Liberia, Burkina Faso, Uganda, Malawi, Cameroon, Somalia, Equatorial Guinea, Ivory Coast and Kenya.
Founded by the Chude Jideonwo and Adebola Williams, TFP is supervised by a Global Board of Advisors drawn from Africa, Europe, North America and the Middle East, including the Senior Advisor at one of the world’s leading financial advisory and asset management firms, Lazard LTD, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; Senior Economic Advisor with the Open Society Foundations, Dr. Obiageli Ezekwesili; co-founder of ONE, Jamie Drummond and the Chief of Cabinet with the Africa Development Bank, Anne Kabagambe.
- If you don’t have these 6 conversations, it can never be “Happily ever after…” - September 12, 2018
- The 3 P’s That Can Poison Your Marriage - September 12, 2018
- Heavily pregnant Linda Ikeji spotted exercising by showing off her dancing moves - September 6, 2018
- This Woman has been Carrying her sick Husband on her back for 5 years (watch video) - September 4, 2018
- Instagram user reveals how he almost poisoned his brother over 9ice and Ruggedman’s beef - September 4, 2018
- Archbishop Duncan-Williams explains why his first marriage of 26-years failed - September 4, 2018
- See lovely photo of Dbanj and his wife Lineo as they baecation in Dubai - September 4, 2018
- MC Galaxy announces his wedding date, says he is marrying the best woman in the world - September 4, 2018
- This 4-Year-Old ‘Superhero’ called 999 when his mum Collapsed (Watch Video) - September 4, 2018
- Wizkid’s first baby mama, Shola Ogudu calls him a toxic parent? - September 4, 2018