There is currently a debate on whether it’s good for women to change their sanitary pad in front of their male kids has ensued, after a little boy drew a photo of his mum on her period after she changed her pad in front of him
Penny Rohleder who got the painting from her 5-year-old son Julian, asked him why there was red on her and she said his answer had her in hysterics.
“What’s that red thing on me?” she asked.
“That’s your period,” the innocent boy answered.
The mum who found it funny wrote on Facebook;
“Oh this is so funny. Julian drew a family portrait (forgot Mayanna and Arlyn) but I said to him “what’s that red thing on me?” He said “that’s your period”. Bahahahhahahahahshahahaha”
Penny when interviewed by Metro said;
“When I first saw the drawing and realised that it included my period, I was in hysterics. It was such an innocent, honest thing for a young child to come out with.“I shared it because it was funny, but I was also proud that my five year old knows what a period is, when some fully grown men do not. It’s such a taboo subject for many adults, especially men. Women too, are embarrassed about their bodies and I have absolutely no idea why.”
After Penny shared the photo, a number of people thought it was amusing but there were also a lot of people who thought it was inappropriate for Penny to have changed her pad in front of her young children, and this started a debate.
Penny became ill with a pulmonary embolism just before her youngest son was born, so she was put on blood thinning treatment. Blood thinners make one’s period really heavy and messy and this means sometimes, her children get to see that side of her, especially Julian, who has always shown concern for his mother’s health.
She said: “Many people have commented that it’s not a normal thing for me to change my pad or tampon in front of my kids, but when you’re on blood thinners and get your period, it can be horrific and very messy and urgent. I can’t help that. We have one toilet in our house, and what else was I supposed to do, bleed everywhere? It’s a topic I guess that came up with my kids out of necessity I guess.”
Penny’s kids are already used to seeing her on her period and they see it as the normal body function it is. It doesn’t make them uncomfortable.
- Tonto Dikeh reveals how she lost her baby weight - August 17, 2017
- I need out of house arrest to feed my kids! – DMX laments - August 17, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian man marries his older white lover (Photos) - August 17, 2017
- Kim Kardashian West Talks about having a third baby - August 17, 2017
- Pretty Mike- ‘You are stupid if you give your last kobo to your pastor to buy jet but dont have bicycle’ - August 17, 2017
- Odunlade Adekola is not the father of my child- actress Bukola Adeeyo cries out - August 17, 2017
- Timi Dakolo’s kids looks beautiful in matching outfits - August 17, 2017
- WHAT! ‘If my boyfriend is broke, I will cheat on him’ – Nigerian lady reveals, explains why - August 16, 2017
- THE LORD IS GOOD! 16 years after marriage,Nigerian pastors welcome set of twins (Photos) - August 16, 2017
- “One of the reasons I still work” – 2face enthuse over his daughter Isabella (Photo) - August 16, 2017