A bride-to-be, Jacqueline Souza, 31, stabbed her fiancé to death after he invited his ex-girlfriend to their wedding.
Souza was arrested after her fiancé, Brandon Watkins, 33, was stabbed with a steak knife at the couple’s Colorado Springs home.
The pair, who had been engaged since late June, had been at a bar to celebrate their upcoming wedding in Las Vegas when they began fighting over the guest list. Souza told cops Watkins wanted to invite a woman he once had an affair with and this made her suspicious that the relationship was ongoing.
When police arrived at the couple’s home, they discovered Watkins unresponsive on the kitchen floor and a bloody steak knife on the table. Souza, who was reportedly in the process of divorcing another man while planning her wedding to Watkins, initially told cops she found Watkins with a steak knife in his chest after visiting the bathroom. Police, however, didn’t find any signs of a possible break-in.
The would-be bride then speculated Watkins may have stabbed himself in the chest after their fight, court records stated. In her third account, Souza accused her fiancé of cheating with several women. She then claimed Watkins became violent and they continued trading insults in the kitchen where Watkins grabbed the steak knife and threatened her.
She then reportedly backtracked on her statement about Watkins threatening her, but said Watkins fell on top of the knife when she pushed him to get away. Souza told investigators she called 911 and administered CPR until police arrived.
She was arrested and is expected to return to court on August 1.
- Letting go and letting God in relationships. - November 14, 2018
- Signs that you are being Ghosted in a Relationship - November 14, 2018
- The Best Sex Positions During Pregnancy - October 30, 2018
- Cucumber benefits for men: Cucumber wonders is more than boosting men’s sex drive - October 26, 2018
- Benefits of bitter kola - October 23, 2018
- How God Can Bring People Together - October 17, 2018
- Being Ghosted in a Relationship. - October 11, 2018
- Fighting for my marriage.If you don’t have these 6 conversations, it can never be “Happily ever after…” - September 12, 2018
- The 3 P’s That Can Poison Your Marriage - September 12, 2018
- Heavily pregnant Linda Ikeji spotted exercising by showing off her dancing moves - September 6, 2018