This is How To check if you and your spouse are true friends .GOD brought you together not to be enemies who harm each other, but friends who build each other. When we constantly remind ourselves that, we shall be motivated to make our marriages work. Your marriage is so close to your heart and who you are that if it is good, it can make you enjoy a little heaven down here but if it is bad, it can make you endure a little hell up here.….
You need your spouse to be your friend. Can you imagine if your spouse became your enemy?… How would you sleep next to her? She is the first person you see when you wake up, and the last person you see before you sleep. How would you enjoy being so close to an enemy? Therefore you must seek to be each other’s friends.
The Bible tells us in Ecclesiastes 9:9 to “Live joyfully with the wife whom you love all the days of your vain life which He has given you under the sun, all your days of vanity; for that is your portion in life, and in the labor which you perform under the sun.”
To check whether you and your spouse are true friends, check whether you have the following ten ingredients in your marriage.
Availability Friends should spend time together. You can increase your time together by developing each other’s hobbies interest.
Goodwill True friends mean well for each other. Whatever you do to your spouse, let the driving force be a desire to make their lives better.
Unconditional love and acceptance. True friends accept and love each other unconditionally. Appreciate your spouse as they are. Let them know that you love them as GOD created them, that you are not there to judge them or be their worst critic.
Openness and honesty. True friends are open and honest with each other. True friends can be themselves around each other without the fear of being rejected. Only true friendship can guarantee honesty and transparency ina relationship. Therefore, be open about everything. Your financial position, any struggles you may be facing, anything they have done that could have offended you and so on.
Understanding. No two individuals have the same fingerprints. Even identical twins. And this goes a long way to show that no two individuals are exactly the same. Your spouse is a special being. Different from everyone you have ever met. True friends seek to know who their spouse really is, what they like and seek to please them.
Respect. True friends respect each other. To respect is to show careful consideration for someone. When you truly respect your spouse, you are careful about what you say or do to them. You do not need to shout or use demeaning words while addressing them. It is impossible for a marriage to be happy without mutual respect.
Communication. True friends communicate. Communication is to marriage what blood is to life and water is to fish. Communicate not only in ‘sweet nothings’ but also in weighty matters like FAMILY FINANCES.
Patience and forgiveness. People that are close may hurt and rub each other the wrong way. True friends are patient with each other and will easily forgive each other.
Value, treasure each other and fight for your marriage. True friends fight for each other and cover the other’s back. Fight for your marriage in prayer. Defend each other when attacked by relatives …
Sacrifice for your spouse, go out of your way to bless each other. True friends are generous toward each other. Including in their finances
- If you don’t have these 6 conversations, it can never be “Happily ever after…” - September 12, 2018
- The 3 P’s That Can Poison Your Marriage - September 12, 2018
- Heavily pregnant Linda Ikeji spotted exercising by showing off her dancing moves - September 6, 2018
- This Woman has been Carrying her sick Husband on her back for 5 years (watch video) - September 4, 2018
- Instagram user reveals how he almost poisoned his brother over 9ice and Ruggedman’s beef - September 4, 2018
- Archbishop Duncan-Williams explains why his first marriage of 26-years failed - September 4, 2018
- See lovely photo of Dbanj and his wife Lineo as they baecation in Dubai - September 4, 2018
- MC Galaxy announces his wedding date, says he is marrying the best woman in the world - September 4, 2018
- This 4-Year-Old ‘Superhero’ called 999 when his mum Collapsed (Watch Video) - September 4, 2018
- Wizkid’s first baby mama, Shola Ogudu calls him a toxic parent? - September 4, 2018