A local television station in Indonesia has broadcasted a chilling re-enactment of how executions are carried out in Indonesia. It was broadcasted to millions of viewers yesterday and is set to become a brutal reality for the 4 Nigerians involved.
Come Wednesday, April 29th, Nigerians – Martin Anderson, 50, Okwudili Oyatanze, 41, Jamiu Owolabi Abashin, 50, and Silvester Obiekwe Nwolise, 47, will be executed in Indonesia just after the stroke of midnight. They were found guilty of drug trafficking and will be shot to death by a firing squad.
According to DailyMail, the men are expected to be led from their isolated cells in Death Island through a wildly dense tropical forest to a place called Nirbaya – or more appropriately known as Death Valley.
The condemned pair will be given white clothing to wear, which symbolises the afterlife, before beginning their fatal trek and are given the option to be blindfolded with a piece of fabric before facing the firing squad who will be lined up anywhere from five to 10 metres in front of them.
The confronting decisions continue for the death row inmates with the opportunity to choose whether to stand, sit or kneel before a cross is placed over their hearts acting as a target for the 12 riflemen – of which nine will have blanks and only three will have live rounds.
Each prisoner is offered 3 minutes to calm down but if necessary their hands or feet will be tied to a 3m high pole or worse still – a wooden execution chair.
12 marksmen are then ordered to fire at them. And after the shooting, if doctors confirm that there are still sign of life in them, the commander will shoot the inmates in the head.
With barely few hours left till they are killed, in harrowing scenes yesterday, some families of the nine condemned drug smugglers arrived Death Island to pay what’s expected to be a final visit to their loved ones. One of the convicted, Myuran Sukumaran’s sister, Brintha, could not stifle her wails as she made her way through the crowds of people outside the port gates. At one point, DailyMail reports that she collapsed and had to be supported by other family members, including her mother.
Moments later, another convicted, Andrew Chan’s mother Helen arrived outwardly sobbing and had to be carried away from the media scrum as police officers led the family through the crowd.
|Sukuraman’s monther (centre)|
The families were expected to give a press conference this morning but it was cancelled after the chaotic arrival scenes which saw crowds held back by police dogs. Among those saying goodbye to the men is also the new wife of condemned Australian Andrew Chan.
|Andrew Chan and now wife Febyanti|
Chan’s brother Michael announced the news to reporters, describing the wedding day as tough and happy at the same time.
‘We’d just like to celebrate that with him tomorrow as well so hopefully the president will still show some compassion, some mercy so that these two young people can carry on with their lives,” he said. ‘It’s in the president’s hands.’
|Andrew Chan and Sukumaran|
- How God Can Bring People Together - October 17, 2018
- Being Ghosted in a Relationship. - October 11, 2018
- Fighting for my marriage.If you don’t have these 6 conversations, it can never be “Happily ever after…” - September 12, 2018
- The 3 P’s That Can Poison Your Marriage - September 12, 2018
- Heavily pregnant Linda Ikeji spotted exercising by showing off her dancing moves - September 6, 2018
- This Woman has been Carrying her sick Husband on her back for 5 years (watch video) - September 4, 2018
- Instagram user reveals how he almost poisoned his brother over 9ice and Ruggedman’s beef - September 4, 2018
- Archbishop Duncan-Williams explains why his first marriage of 26-years failed - September 4, 2018
- See lovely photo of Dbanj and his wife Lineo as they baecation in Dubai - September 4, 2018
- MC Galaxy announces his wedding date, says he is marrying the best woman in the world - September 4, 2018