Singer and soon to be mum talks, im an all new interview with Harper Bazaar magazine, opened up about her growth in the music industry, chuldhood, her pregnancy, the importance of women supporting other women.
See excerpts below.
On Russell Wilson supporting her: If someone’s not supporting you and your vision and your dreams —whether it’s your relationship partner, your friend, whomever, then you’ve got to make sure to keep it moving. If people aren’t lifting you up, even if you’re the strongest person in the world, eventually it does chip away at you. You don’t even realize that you’re losing yourself. And that’s the scariest place to be in life… I don’t want to lose myself. I love myself too much. I love life too much.
On growing up tough: Before, tough was kind of like, if something happened that was wrong, I’d just keep moving. It was a bit of a challenge, you would build friendships, and then you’d have to say goodbye. I do think part of that made me kind of tough. Emotionally tough. The truth of it is, it helped me with being able to accept cutting things off… Which I think is a good thing; maybe it could be a bad thing, because it can make you cold in that way.
On baby Future’s reaction to her pregnancy: He’ll randomly pull my shirt up and be like, ‘I want to see the baby.’ ‘Hello, baby. How you doing, baby? I love you, baby. Okay, talk to you later, baby. Bye, bye.’ Then he’ll kiss me on my belly and put my shirt back down.
On women supporting other women: There’s this unspoken word: love. When you meet successful powerful women, you show each other love, because it is a tough environment.
On being all about family right now: I’m just super excited about this time in my life. Like, Oh my gosh, I can see my son running around, and soon it’s going to be two of these creatures running around! Our hands will be full of non-stop action
- What should you buy for First Time Parents? - December 14, 2017
- Signs that your Husband feels Neglected after Childbirth - December 12, 2017
- New picture of Janet Jackson and her adorable child Eissa - December 11, 2017
- Famous People Raised by Single Mothers - December 11, 2017
- ‘I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant’: Woman Amazed At Baby Boy’s Arrival - December 10, 2017
- 10 Ways of becoming a Better Father and Husband - December 10, 2017
- What do First Time Parents Fight about and How to Avoid it - December 9, 2017
- Understanding the Single Father While the World Focuses On the Mother - December 3, 2017
- How To check if you and your spouse are true friends - November 28, 2017
- 5 Essential Tips for Creating Balance between Entrepreneurship and Motherhood - November 27, 2017