Enugu State Governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi Chinecherem awarded Cynthia Ali scholarship to study in any school of her choice.
Recall that Chinecherem, a student of Shalom Academy, Nsukka, Enugu state, made all A’s in the just released West African Examination Council (WAEC) results.
Chibulu Austin disclosed the latest development today on Facebook.
“Thanks to Erochukwu Ugwueze Hon Ethel Ugwuanyi Chibulu Austin Victor Oluchukwu Samuel Ugwu and all who made it possible.
Remember I made a post not long ago about how she made 9A1 in her Waec and also my encounter with her when I visited her school to appreciate her on behalf of my friend who donated to her.
We will keep celebrating excellence and hard work. Enugu Is Truly In The Hands Of God.”
In his remark by Governor Ugwuanyi called on students in the state to our children to see Cynthia’s achievement as a morale booster that will spur them to higher heights of achievement
“I was excited beyond measure when news got to me that a young girl from our dear State made A1 in all her subjects at the last West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations,” he said.
I was excited because as a leader of the people, our vision has been to lay the foundations that does not just encourage but also rewards excellence across all spheres of endeavour.
Cynthia Ali has in no small measure made the entire state proud and her achievement is a demonstration of how our dear state can become great again with exemplary performances such as hers. And I am convinced that what she has done will become a shining beacon of examples that those coming behind her can copy and in the process lift their families, the entire state and the nation.
As a measure of how happy our Government is about the achievement, the State Executive Council (EXCO) at the hallowed Chambers of the Council invited her for commendation. The Commissioner for Education, Prof Uchenna Eze, who spoke on our behalf made it clear how excited we were about what she was able to achieve and offered her a university scholarship.
I have always made clear the determination of my Government to not only reward excellence, but also to create the environment necessary for our young minds to express fully and maximise opportunities that will enable the state become a haven for competent manpower.
As a government, we will continue to invest in education. We are aware that nothing liberates a society more than education.
It is on this note that I call on all our children in public and private institutions of learning to see Cynthia’s achievement as a morale booster that will spur them to higher heights of achievement.
I congratulate this our young daughter and my prayer and wish is for more of our children to emulate her example. I also call on all citizens of the State to continue on the path of hardwork and excellence.
In the end, only hardwork and excellence provides enduring reward’.
- Tonto Dikeh reveals how she lost her baby weight - August 17, 2017
- I need out of house arrest to feed my kids! – DMX laments - August 17, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian man marries his older white lover (Photos) - August 17, 2017
- Kim Kardashian West Talks about having a third baby - August 17, 2017
- Pretty Mike- ‘You are stupid if you give your last kobo to your pastor to buy jet but dont have bicycle’ - August 17, 2017
- Odunlade Adekola is not the father of my child- actress Bukola Adeeyo cries out - August 17, 2017
- Timi Dakolo’s kids looks beautiful in matching outfits - August 17, 2017
- WHAT! ‘If my boyfriend is broke, I will cheat on him’ – Nigerian lady reveals, explains why - August 16, 2017
- THE LORD IS GOOD! 16 years after marriage,Nigerian pastors welcome set of twins (Photos) - August 16, 2017
- “One of the reasons I still work” – 2face enthuse over his daughter Isabella (Photo) - August 16, 2017