The N300 million fundamental Human rights enforcement suit filed against the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris and the Lagos state commissioner for police Fatai Owoseni, by suspected prolific kidnapper, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike popularly known as Evans, has been adjourned to July 27th. Also joined in the case are the Nigeria Police Force and the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Lagos State Police Command.
The presiding judge, Justice Chuka Obiozor, declined entertaining the case today on the ground that counsel to the notorious kidnapper, Olukoya Ogungbeje, was yet to pay the punitive cost of N20,000 awarded against him at the last court hearing.
Ogungbeje was fined for professional misconduct as he failed to show up for hearing of the suit last week and instead sent a litigation officer from his law firm, Stephen Abunike, who brief the court that his principal was unwell and had written a letter seeking an adjournment.
At the resumed hearing of the case yesterday, counsel for the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Effiong Asuquo, informed the court that Ogungbeje had given him a post-dated cheque for N20,000 but he rejected it, saying that was not the order of court.
Justice Obiozor agreed with the counsel to the police commissioner and directed Ogungbeje to comply with the court order on the cost awarded against him. Afterward he, adjourned the case till July 27th.
Evans who was arrested on June 10th, is challenging his continued detention by the police. He is asking that he be charged to court or be released immediately.
- Tonto Dikeh reveals how she lost her baby weight - August 17, 2017
- I need out of house arrest to feed my kids! – DMX laments - August 17, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian man marries his older white lover (Photos) - August 17, 2017
- Kim Kardashian West Talks about having a third baby - August 17, 2017
- Pretty Mike- ‘You are stupid if you give your last kobo to your pastor to buy jet but dont have bicycle’ - August 17, 2017
- Odunlade Adekola is not the father of my child- actress Bukola Adeeyo cries out - August 17, 2017
- Timi Dakolo’s kids looks beautiful in matching outfits - August 17, 2017
- WHAT! ‘If my boyfriend is broke, I will cheat on him’ – Nigerian lady reveals, explains why - August 16, 2017
- THE LORD IS GOOD! 16 years after marriage,Nigerian pastors welcome set of twins (Photos) - August 16, 2017
- “One of the reasons I still work” – 2face enthuse over his daughter Isabella (Photo) - August 16, 2017