The N300 million fundamental Human rights enforcement suit filed against the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris and the Lagos state commissioner for police Fatai Owoseni, by suspected prolific kidnapper, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike popularly known as Evans, has been adjourned to July 27th. Also joined in the case are the Nigeria Police Force and the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Lagos State Police Command.
The presiding judge, Justice Chuka Obiozor, declined entertaining the case today on the ground that counsel to the notorious kidnapper, Olukoya Ogungbeje, was yet to pay the punitive cost of N20,000 awarded against him at the last court hearing.
Ogungbeje was fined for professional misconduct as he failed to show up for hearing of the suit last week and instead sent a litigation officer from his law firm, Stephen Abunike, who brief the court that his principal was unwell and had written a letter seeking an adjournment.
At the resumed hearing of the case yesterday, counsel for the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Effiong Asuquo, informed the court that Ogungbeje had given him a post-dated cheque for N20,000 but he rejected it, saying that was not the order of court.
Justice Obiozor agreed with the counsel to the police commissioner and directed Ogungbeje to comply with the court order on the cost awarded against him. Afterward he, adjourned the case till July 27th.
Evans who was arrested on June 10th, is challenging his continued detention by the police. He is asking that he be charged to court or be released immediately.
- WOW! Housemaid thrown lavish wedding years after her Madam adopted her for being humble (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! Man beats wife to death in Benue (Graphics Photos) - August 21, 2017
- THANK GOD! Checkout Funke Akindele’s Baby Bump (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- FREE BONANZA! A hospital in Kaduna is offering free surgery for a week to celebrate President Buhari’s return - August 20, 2017
- Monalisa Chinda- How I knew my 2nd husband was the one for me - August 20, 2017
- Kiki Osinbajo all smiles and pretty in new photo - August 20, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian men celebrate Pres.Buhari’s return by drinking water and soft drink from the ground (Photos) - August 20, 2017
- Bawo Emami Appreciates God Amidst Curses And Insults From Followers(Read Comments) - August 20, 2017
- FAMILY VACATION! IK Osakioduwa and family visit Guliver’s land - August 20, 2017
- ‘I never had a boyfriend’ – Enugu girl who made 9As in WAEC - August 20, 2017