A 45-year-old dad, Sikiru Adebayo, was on Thursday arraigned in an Osogbo Chief Magistrates ’ Court for reportedly killing his son, Adebayo Uthman for stealing a neighbour’s belt.
According to his prosecutor, Sgt . Duro Adekunle, the July 31 incident contravened Section 319 ( 1) of the Criminal Code , Cap 34 Vol . 11 Laws of Osun, 2003, as it was gathered that he flogged his son to death for stealing a neighbour’s belt.
The accused’s bail plea was however denied, as the presiding Magistrate, Mrs Fatimoh Sodamade, ordered remand of the defendant in police custody and amendment of the charge to reflect manslaughter as indicated by the DPP.
The case was adjourned until Friday, Aug . 11 for hearing.
- WOW! Housemaid thrown lavish wedding years after her Madam adopted her for being humble (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! Man beats wife to death in Benue (Graphics Photos) - August 21, 2017
- THANK GOD! Checkout Funke Akindele’s Baby Bump (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- FREE BONANZA! A hospital in Kaduna is offering free surgery for a week to celebrate President Buhari’s return - August 20, 2017
- Monalisa Chinda- How I knew my 2nd husband was the one for me - August 20, 2017
- Kiki Osinbajo all smiles and pretty in new photo - August 20, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian men celebrate Pres.Buhari’s return by drinking water and soft drink from the ground (Photos) - August 20, 2017
- Bawo Emami Appreciates God Amidst Curses And Insults From Followers(Read Comments) - August 20, 2017
- FAMILY VACATION! IK Osakioduwa and family visit Guliver’s land - August 20, 2017
- ‘I never had a boyfriend’ – Enugu girl who made 9As in WAEC - August 20, 2017