A 45-year-old dad, Sikiru Adebayo, was on Thursday arraigned in an Osogbo Chief Magistrates ’ Court for reportedly killing his son, Adebayo Uthman for stealing a neighbour’s belt.
According to his prosecutor, Sgt . Duro Adekunle, the July 31 incident contravened Section 319 ( 1) of the Criminal Code , Cap 34 Vol . 11 Laws of Osun, 2003, as it was gathered that he flogged his son to death for stealing a neighbour’s belt.
The accused’s bail plea was however denied, as the presiding Magistrate, Mrs Fatimoh Sodamade, ordered remand of the defendant in police custody and amendment of the charge to reflect manslaughter as indicated by the DPP.
The case was adjourned until Friday, Aug . 11 for hearing.
- Tonto Dikeh proclaim her love for Bobrisky as they step out in black coordinating circle (Photos) - July 15, 2018
- Nollywood Actor Daniel K. Daniel and his wife wear matching outfits as they pose in front of the White House - July 15, 2018
- Son Of Veteran Nollywood Actors,Olu Jacobs & Joke Silva Weds In Style (Photos/Videos) - July 15, 2018
- OMG! 2 Weeks After Their Wedding In Kaduna, Young Couples Found Dead - July 15, 2018
- Firdaus Amasa, finally called to bar wearing her Hijab after graduating from Law School - July 10, 2018
- Zahra Buhari give birth to a male child in Spain - July 10, 2018
- 50 Cent disengage Remy Ma after her husband attack him for commenting on her weight - July 10, 2018
- Justin Bieber affirms engagement to Hailey Baldwin, declares love for her, and promises to spend forever with her - July 10, 2018
- Checkout Joseph the plantain seller is enrolled in a private school after passing entrance exam - July 9, 2018
- Checkout The Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Popular Veteran Nollywood Actor - July 8, 2018