Months after the news of the celebrities’s marriage failed went viral, Damilola Adegbite is finally addressing the rumour that her marriage to Chris Attoh failed.
In brief, the news of their failed marriage was first published by Ghanaian blog, Ghana Celebrities, which alleged that Attoh and Adegbite’s marriage had already packed up following unresolved issues which led to the TV arts split.
The duo got married in 2015 and have one child. Now, Damilola is speaking up and she says the rumour is just one of the prices to pay for being in the spotlight: intrusion into her private life.
Here’s what she disclosed in an interview with Punch:
“Part of the price that we pay for being famous is the rumour they peddle against us. Some people believe that they have an opinion about your personal life and anyone can just say anything that they like at any time. I don’t know where the rumour of my marriage crisis emanated from; neither do I know how it started but we don’t pay attention to things like that. We are used to such talks and we have been in this industry for years, so you can throw anything you want at me or talk about my career. I don’t know where that came from but my marriage is fine.
“People react to things differently but I laughed when I saw the news. From my post on Instagram, people could see that I was having a ball with the rumour. I probably had a bowl of popcorn in my hand as I was reading the comments and we laughed about it. You just need to understand that in this industry, the more you look, the less you see. Sometimes, the things you think you know are not true and vice versa. People just need to realise that everybody has their personal lives and we would rather keep it that way.”
- WOW! Housemaid thrown lavish wedding years after her Madam adopted her for being humble (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! Man beats wife to death in Benue (Graphics Photos) - August 21, 2017
- THANK GOD! Checkout Funke Akindele’s Baby Bump (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- FREE BONANZA! A hospital in Kaduna is offering free surgery for a week to celebrate President Buhari’s return - August 20, 2017
- Monalisa Chinda- How I knew my 2nd husband was the one for me - August 20, 2017
- Kiki Osinbajo all smiles and pretty in new photo - August 20, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian men celebrate Pres.Buhari’s return by drinking water and soft drink from the ground (Photos) - August 20, 2017
- Bawo Emami Appreciates God Amidst Curses And Insults From Followers(Read Comments) - August 20, 2017
- FAMILY VACATION! IK Osakioduwa and family visit Guliver’s land - August 20, 2017
- ‘I never had a boyfriend’ – Enugu girl who made 9As in WAEC - August 20, 2017