Months after the news of the celebrities’s marriage failed went viral, Damilola Adegbite is finally addressing the rumour that her marriage to Chris Attoh failed.
In brief, the news of their failed marriage was first published by Ghanaian blog, Ghana Celebrities, which alleged that Attoh and Adegbite’s marriage had already packed up following unresolved issues which led to the TV arts split.
The duo got married in 2015 and have one child. Now, Damilola is speaking up and she says the rumour is just one of the prices to pay for being in the spotlight: intrusion into her private life.
Here’s what she disclosed in an interview with Punch:
“Part of the price that we pay for being famous is the rumour they peddle against us. Some people believe that they have an opinion about your personal life and anyone can just say anything that they like at any time. I don’t know where the rumour of my marriage crisis emanated from; neither do I know how it started but we don’t pay attention to things like that. We are used to such talks and we have been in this industry for years, so you can throw anything you want at me or talk about my career. I don’t know where that came from but my marriage is fine.
“People react to things differently but I laughed when I saw the news. From my post on Instagram, people could see that I was having a ball with the rumour. I probably had a bowl of popcorn in my hand as I was reading the comments and we laughed about it. You just need to understand that in this industry, the more you look, the less you see. Sometimes, the things you think you know are not true and vice versa. People just need to realise that everybody has their personal lives and we would rather keep it that way.”
- Tonto Dikeh proclaim her love for Bobrisky as they step out in black coordinating circle (Photos) - July 15, 2018
- Nollywood Actor Daniel K. Daniel and his wife wear matching outfits as they pose in front of the White House - July 15, 2018
- Son Of Veteran Nollywood Actors,Olu Jacobs & Joke Silva Weds In Style (Photos/Videos) - July 15, 2018
- OMG! 2 Weeks After Their Wedding In Kaduna, Young Couples Found Dead - July 15, 2018
- Firdaus Amasa, finally called to bar wearing her Hijab after graduating from Law School - July 10, 2018
- Zahra Buhari give birth to a male child in Spain - July 10, 2018
- 50 Cent disengage Remy Ma after her husband attack him for commenting on her weight - July 10, 2018
- Justin Bieber affirms engagement to Hailey Baldwin, declares love for her, and promises to spend forever with her - July 10, 2018
- Checkout Joseph the plantain seller is enrolled in a private school after passing entrance exam - July 9, 2018
- Checkout The Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Popular Veteran Nollywood Actor - July 8, 2018