It’s true we have all been frustrated at one point or another. Generally for adults, frustration sets in when expectations aren’t met. It’s no different from a frustration child. Children have a certain set of expectations from adults in their lives.Frustration can’t be totally avoided, but it can be effectively managed. You can never enjoy frustration, but it can have a positive benefit on you. We can teach our children how to learn from their frustration. Frustration can be an obvious sign that they can do better. It also signifies that the steps they are currently taking is not working. If we put in efforts to teach our children how to manage and get through with their frustration early on, we can help them discover the early signs of frustration so they could get back on tracks. Here are some cool techniques you can try with your frustrated child to manage their early lives and make it better, read on:
HELP HIM FOCUS ON HIS PROGRESS
Celebrate him on the progress he has made so far. Consistent improvement is the surest path to success and keeping track of his progress made can keep him focused to learn how to grow up and move away from their past mistakes.
HELP HIM STAY ROOTED IN THE PRESENT MOMENT
Its true to say, “the present moment is perfect as it is”. Frustration only sets in when your mind wanders forward or backward in time. Let him know that he can only tackle what’s in front of him at that particular moment. Ask him<what is the next thing you need to do to help you in this present situation?”
WRITE ABOUT IT.
Ask him to relax, take a deep breath and write about his frustration. Sometimes, it can be hard for them to voice out what is bothering them and putting it down in words will help alleviate the negative feelings. Spare a quality time to read through what he wrote and help him through the ways to get past them.
LET HIM LEARN FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE
Remember those time you were frustrated in the past. Remind him of those times he was frustrated in the past. Can he remember? Did he realize it isn’t something they should be frustrated about? Sometimes, he can realize how silly he had reacted to the situation and connect to their feelings.
WORK WITH YOUR CHILD TO LIST OUT HOW TO GET OVER THEIR FRUSTRATION.
Of course, the best idea will come from you. List out about 25 ways you can prevent or lessen frustration. What steps do you need to take to have a better day? Refer to the list in the future anytime your child faces a frustrating situation. If you’ve never been frustrated, you’re not trying. We all experience frustration at every points in our life. The key is to assist him manage their frustration. Frustration indicates that it’s time to start something new.
- Dear Women, Don’t Let Love Blind You to These 5 Important Things - August 22, 2017
- Does It Bother You That You’ve Never Been in a Relationship Before? - August 22, 2017
- Here’s What to Do If You Always Attract the Wrong Man - August 20, 2017
- Letting Your Husband Raise Your Child - August 16, 2017
- Cece Yara Child Advocacy Centre launches Child-Friendly Forensic Interviewing Facility for Sexual Abuse Victims - August 9, 2017
- Busta Rhymes’ Emotional Post After dropping off Son in College - August 8, 2017
- Stella of Jadore Fashion celebrates 7th Wedding Anniversary with Breathtaking Photos - August 8, 2017
- This simple ‘hack’ could get your kids to eat more vegetables. - August 8, 2017
- Telling Your Spouse About Your Affair - August 8, 2017
- Watch:Ronke Oshodi Oke explaining herself regarding the interview that almost ruin her reputation. - August 3, 2017