It’s true we have all been frustrated at one point or another. Generally for adults, frustration sets in when expectations aren’t met. It’s no different from a frustration child. Children have a certain set of expectations from adults in their lives.Frustration can’t be totally avoided, but it can be effectively managed. You can never enjoy frustration, but it can have a positive benefit on you. We can teach our children how to learn from their frustration. Frustration can be an obvious sign that they can do better. It also signifies that the steps they are currently taking is not working. If we put in efforts to teach our children how to manage and get through with their frustration early on, we can help them discover the early signs of frustration so they could get back on tracks. Here are some cool techniques you can try with your frustrated child to manage their early lives and make it better, read on:
HELP HIM FOCUS ON HIS PROGRESS
Celebrate him on the progress he has made so far. Consistent improvement is the surest path to success and keeping track of his progress made can keep him focused to learn how to grow up and move away from their past mistakes.
HELP HIM STAY ROOTED IN THE PRESENT MOMENT
Its true to say, “the present moment is perfect as it is”. Frustration only sets in when your mind wanders forward or backward in time. Let him know that he can only tackle what’s in front of him at that particular moment. Ask him<what is the next thing you need to do to help you in this present situation?”
WRITE ABOUT IT.
Ask him to relax, take a deep breath and write about his frustration. Sometimes, it can be hard for them to voice out what is bothering them and putting it down in words will help alleviate the negative feelings. Spare a quality time to read through what he wrote and help him through the ways to get past them.
LET HIM LEARN FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE
Remember those time you were frustrated in the past. Remind him of those times he was frustrated in the past. Can he remember? Did he realize it isn’t something they should be frustrated about? Sometimes, he can realize how silly he had reacted to the situation and connect to their feelings.
WORK WITH YOUR CHILD TO LIST OUT HOW TO GET OVER THEIR FRUSTRATION.
Of course, the best idea will come from you. List out about 25 ways you can prevent or lessen frustration. What steps do you need to take to have a better day? Refer to the list in the future anytime your child faces a frustrating situation. If you’ve never been frustrated, you’re not trying. We all experience frustration at every points in our life. The key is to assist him manage their frustration. Frustration indicates that it’s time to start something new.
- Ariana Grande Suspends Tour After Manchester Attack - May 23, 2017
- Roger Moore dead at 89 – tributes pour in for James Bond actor from friends and love ones - May 23, 2017
- WATCH: Julia Roberts gives George Clooney wonderful tips on parenting twins - May 23, 2017
- Slaughter Of The Innocents: Suicide bomber strikes at Manchester Arena Twenty-two people are killed and 59 injured in terrorist attack. - May 23, 2017
- Daniel K Daniel is now ENGAGED - May 23, 2017
- Daddy’s Girl! Mahershala Ali bonding with his Adorable Baby - May 23, 2017
- HIS ATTITUDE HAS CHANGED TOWARDS ME BUT HE IS STILL PUSHING FOR THE MARRIAGE - May 23, 2017
- He Thinks We Married Too Soon - May 22, 2017
- WHAT SHOULD YOU DO WHEN YOUR SPOUSE SAYS HE DOESN’T WANT TO BE MARRIED ANYMORE? - May 22, 2017
- Pictures from Mike Awoyinfa’s son wedding in Abuja - May 21, 2017