It’s true we have all been frustrated at one point or another. Generally for adults, frustration sets in when expectations aren’t met. It’s no different from a frustration child. Children have a certain set of expectations from adults in their lives.Frustration can’t be totally avoided, but it can be effectively managed. You can never enjoy frustration, but it can have a positive benefit on you. We can teach our children how to learn from their frustration. Frustration can be an obvious sign that they can do better. It also signifies that the steps they are currently taking is not working. If we put in efforts to teach our children how to manage and get through with their frustration early on, we can help them discover the early signs of frustration so they could get back on tracks. Here are some cool techniques you can try with your frustrated child to manage their early lives and make it better, read on:
HELP HIM FOCUS ON HIS PROGRESS
Celebrate him on the progress he has made so far. Consistent improvement is the surest path to success and keeping track of his progress made can keep him focused to learn how to grow up and move away from their past mistakes.
HELP HIM STAY ROOTED IN THE PRESENT MOMENT
Its true to say, “the present moment is perfect as it is”. Frustration only sets in when your mind wanders forward or backward in time. Let him know that he can only tackle what’s in front of him at that particular moment. Ask him<what is the next thing you need to do to help you in this present situation?”
WRITE ABOUT IT.
Ask him to relax, take a deep breath and write about his frustration. Sometimes, it can be hard for them to voice out what is bothering them and putting it down in words will help alleviate the negative feelings. Spare a quality time to read through what he wrote and help him through the ways to get past them.
LET HIM LEARN FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE
Remember those time you were frustrated in the past. Remind him of those times he was frustrated in the past. Can he remember? Did he realize it isn’t something they should be frustrated about? Sometimes, he can realize how silly he had reacted to the situation and connect to their feelings.
WORK WITH YOUR CHILD TO LIST OUT HOW TO GET OVER THEIR FRUSTRATION.
Of course, the best idea will come from you. List out about 25 ways you can prevent or lessen frustration. What steps do you need to take to have a better day? Refer to the list in the future anytime your child faces a frustrating situation. If you’ve never been frustrated, you’re not trying. We all experience frustration at every points in our life. The key is to assist him manage their frustration. Frustration indicates that it’s time to start something new.
- How to let go and let God:Letting go and letting God in Relationships - December 2, 2018
- How to Spice up your Marriage - November 28, 2018
- How to know God’s Will in a Relationship - November 28, 2018
- Check out the Best Aso-Ebi Styles Of The Week - November 28, 2018
- Adorable family photo to celebrate 29th wedding anniversary of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and his wife Dolapo. - November 25, 2018
- Guarding your Heart in a Relationship - November 25, 2018
- How does God Bring Two People Together - November 25, 2018
- Kevin Hart son Kenzo clocks one - November 21, 2018
- Examples of being Unequally Yoked in Relationships - November 18, 2018
- Letting go and letting God in relationships. - November 14, 2018