The Djibouti Football Federation (FDF) has dissolved the entire national football team in a bid to stop them from embarrassing the country and poor football results.
The FDF announced in a statement that the squad and coaching staff have been sacked in other to focus their attention to promising youngsters.
The move comes after Djibouti lost 5-1 at home to Ethiopia in the first leg of their 2018 African Nations Championship qualifier on Saturday.
The statement by the Country’s technical director, Omar Ali Mohamed, read:
“As Team A has no result, we will focus on youth football,
This is not about money problems. It is the new policy of the federation.”
“Maybe we will participate in the next Under-15, Under-17 or Under-20 competitions.”
An FDF statement said the decision was necessary due to ‘the never-ending series of bad results’ of the national team.
Djibouti ranked 185th in the latest Fifa’s world rankings and have never qualified for any major international tournaments.
- WOW! Housemaid thrown lavish wedding years after her Madam adopted her for being humble (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! Man beats wife to death in Benue (Graphics Photos) - August 21, 2017
- THANK GOD! Checkout Funke Akindele’s Baby Bump (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- FREE BONANZA! A hospital in Kaduna is offering free surgery for a week to celebrate President Buhari’s return - August 20, 2017
- Monalisa Chinda- How I knew my 2nd husband was the one for me - August 20, 2017
- Kiki Osinbajo all smiles and pretty in new photo - August 20, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian men celebrate Pres.Buhari’s return by drinking water and soft drink from the ground (Photos) - August 20, 2017
- Bawo Emami Appreciates God Amidst Curses And Insults From Followers(Read Comments) - August 20, 2017
- FAMILY VACATION! IK Osakioduwa and family visit Guliver’s land - August 20, 2017
- ‘I never had a boyfriend’ – Enugu girl who made 9As in WAEC - August 20, 2017