On Sunday, a medical doctor identified as Dr Allwell Orji, jumped off the Third Mainland Bridge, in the Adekunle area of Lagos State.
It was learnt the doctor was in a Sport Utility Vehicle en route Lagos Island at about 4pm on Sunday when he asked his driver to stop after he allegedly received a call. He walked to the railings on the bridge and jumped into the lagoon.
An Instagram user, who claimed to have witnessed the sad event said he was still in shock recounting what happened
“I witnessed the worst thing ever today! The owner of this particular vehicle jumped into the lagoon right in front of me! I saw him get out of his car; then jumped. I was directly behind him. I parked and ran as fast as my legs could carry me, but it was too late. I wish he had waited a little longer, I wish I was able to stop him, I wish I was about to hold his hands, I wish he could tell me what the problem was!
“I’m still in shock, I couldn’t control my tears. I ran after him, I tried to save him, I called for help….Loads of people stopped because they saw me acting like a crazy woman, the ambulance was present, the fishermen were trying to help, but it was too late! He left a note on his personalised doctor’s notepad with his house address,” the user wrote.
The LASEMA General Manager, Mr. Adesina Tiamiyu, who confirmed the incident said his body is still been searched for.
“The man parked his grey coloured Nissan SUV with number plate, LND 476 EE, at about 4.50pm on the Third Mainland Bridge, and jumped into the Lagos Lagoon.
“Preliminary investigation revealed that the man, Orji, who was being driven by his driver, suddenly ordered the driver to pull over.
“He alighted from the SUV and jumped into the lagoon from the bridge.
“The vehicle and the driver have been taken to the Adeniji Adele Police Station.
“Effort is ongoing to find him or recover his body from the lagoon.”
- How to Handle Social Media Behavior of Teenagers - February 19, 2018
- Difference Between Pride & Ego - February 18, 2018
- The 21st Century Woman: How To Better Understand What She Really Wants - February 4, 2018
- How to keep your head high as a single mother - January 27, 2018
- Single mothers after divorce, what to do? - January 26, 2018
- Single Mothers are not all about Disasters. Here are things you didn’t know about Single Mums - January 24, 2018
- Single Dads this is how you look for a nanny - January 23, 2018
- When to introduce your boyfriend to your child - January 21, 2018
- Picking up the pieces when he walks out on you; Single and pregnant - January 21, 2018
- Manscapping, The Art of Manhood - January 15, 2018