On Sunday, a medical doctor identified as Dr Allwell Orji, jumped off the Third Mainland Bridge, in the Adekunle area of Lagos State.
It was learnt the doctor was in a Sport Utility Vehicle en route Lagos Island at about 4pm on Sunday when he asked his driver to stop after he allegedly received a call. He walked to the railings on the bridge and jumped into the lagoon.
An Instagram user, who claimed to have witnessed the sad event said he was still in shock recounting what happened
“I witnessed the worst thing ever today! The owner of this particular vehicle jumped into the lagoon right in front of me! I saw him get out of his car; then jumped. I was directly behind him. I parked and ran as fast as my legs could carry me, but it was too late. I wish he had waited a little longer, I wish I was able to stop him, I wish I was about to hold his hands, I wish he could tell me what the problem was!
“I’m still in shock, I couldn’t control my tears. I ran after him, I tried to save him, I called for help….Loads of people stopped because they saw me acting like a crazy woman, the ambulance was present, the fishermen were trying to help, but it was too late! He left a note on his personalised doctor’s notepad with his house address,” the user wrote.
The LASEMA General Manager, Mr. Adesina Tiamiyu, who confirmed the incident said his body is still been searched for.
“The man parked his grey coloured Nissan SUV with number plate, LND 476 EE, at about 4.50pm on the Third Mainland Bridge, and jumped into the Lagos Lagoon.
“Preliminary investigation revealed that the man, Orji, who was being driven by his driver, suddenly ordered the driver to pull over.
“He alighted from the SUV and jumped into the lagoon from the bridge.
“The vehicle and the driver have been taken to the Adeniji Adele Police Station.
“Effort is ongoing to find him or recover his body from the lagoon.”
- Tips on How to Ensure Your Kids are Safe Online - November 8, 2017
- How to Help Your Child Answer the Question, “Where’s your Daddy” - November 1, 2017
- What can Women Learn from Men about Parenting? - October 19, 2017
- A survival guide for working parents: How to balance family and career - October 12, 2017
- The Financial Considerations Every New Parent Should Make - October 11, 2017
- How Companies Can Support New Parents - October 11, 2017
- SECRETS TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE [PART 2] - October 10, 2017
- Should Single Mums Become Dad’s on Father’s Day? - October 8, 2017
- A New Study Confirms That The Curse Of The Second-Born Child Is Real - October 8, 2017
- How to Build Your Confidence as a First Time Mother; Judith’s Story - October 6, 2017