On Sunday, a medical doctor identified as Dr Allwell Orji, jumped off the Third Mainland Bridge, in the Adekunle area of Lagos State.
It was learnt the doctor was in a Sport Utility Vehicle en route Lagos Island at about 4pm on Sunday when he asked his driver to stop after he allegedly received a call. He walked to the railings on the bridge and jumped into the lagoon.
An Instagram user, who claimed to have witnessed the sad event said he was still in shock recounting what happened
“I witnessed the worst thing ever today! The owner of this particular vehicle jumped into the lagoon right in front of me! I saw him get out of his car; then jumped. I was directly behind him. I parked and ran as fast as my legs could carry me, but it was too late. I wish he had waited a little longer, I wish I was able to stop him, I wish I was about to hold his hands, I wish he could tell me what the problem was!
“I’m still in shock, I couldn’t control my tears. I ran after him, I tried to save him, I called for help….Loads of people stopped because they saw me acting like a crazy woman, the ambulance was present, the fishermen were trying to help, but it was too late! He left a note on his personalised doctor’s notepad with his house address,” the user wrote.
The LASEMA General Manager, Mr. Adesina Tiamiyu, who confirmed the incident said his body is still been searched for.
“The man parked his grey coloured Nissan SUV with number plate, LND 476 EE, at about 4.50pm on the Third Mainland Bridge, and jumped into the Lagos Lagoon.
“Preliminary investigation revealed that the man, Orji, who was being driven by his driver, suddenly ordered the driver to pull over.
“He alighted from the SUV and jumped into the lagoon from the bridge.
“The vehicle and the driver have been taken to the Adeniji Adele Police Station.
“Effort is ongoing to find him or recover his body from the lagoon.”
- Do You Really Need to Give Night Feeds? - September 22, 2017
- 4 Worries of a Single Mom When Getting Married - September 19, 2017
- How to keep technology from ruining your marriage - September 12, 2017
- How to argue effectively without permanently damaging your relationship - September 10, 2017
- Jealousy in Marriage: Why it Happens and What to Do - September 6, 2017
- How to keep love alive when your schedules are polar opposites - September 3, 2017
- 5 Important Conversations You Need to Have With Your Spouse About Your Aging Parents - August 28, 2017
- Understanding the Single Father While the World Focuses On the Mother - August 24, 2017
- Are You Ready for Love? Take a Look at These 6 Pointers to Find Out - August 23, 2017
- Dear Women, Don’t Let Love Blind You to These 5 Important Things - August 22, 2017