There’s quite a number of good reasons why you need to have sex: The health advantages are huge. You are able to greatly reduce stress, reinforce your essential internal organs and feel relaxed, among other things.
But will having regular sex in actual fact make you more intelligent? These researchers believe it will.
A study conducted by Oxford and Coventry Universities in England suggests that having frequent sex boosts the brain’s cognitive functioning.
Researchers surveyed 73 older adults ranging in age from 50-83 on their sexual activity. They were asked how often they had sex, and the subjects were then instructed to perform tasks testing their cognitive function with regard to memory, fluency, language and visuospatial abilities.
The study found that those who had sex at least once a week scored higher on tests of cognitive function, specifically, tests that measured verbal fluency and visuospatial ability.
“The current study replicates previous findings (Wright & Jenks, 2016), showing that overall cognitive scores were consistently higher in those who are sexually active compared to those than those who are not,” a summary of the report stated. “It extends these findings by showing increasing scores on two specific cognitive domains (fluency and visuospatial ability; with the latter approaching significance) with increasing frequency of sexual activity (from never, to monthly, to weekly).”
Researchers concluded that the more sex you have, the more dopamine you brain produces. In other words, staying active can boost your intelligence as you age. How much of an impact frequent sex has on young people remains unclear at this time.
So guys, what are you waiting for? One more reason to get in the sack.
Click here to read the full study.
- Tips on How to Ensure Your Kids are Safe Online - November 8, 2017
- How to Help Your Child Answer the Question, “Where’s your Daddy” - November 1, 2017
- What can Women Learn from Men about Parenting? - October 19, 2017
- A survival guide for working parents: How to balance family and career - October 12, 2017
- The Financial Considerations Every New Parent Should Make - October 11, 2017
- How Companies Can Support New Parents - October 11, 2017
- SECRETS TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE [PART 2] - October 10, 2017
- Should Single Mums Become Dad’s on Father’s Day? - October 8, 2017
- A New Study Confirms That The Curse Of The Second-Born Child Is Real - October 8, 2017
- How to Build Your Confidence as a First Time Mother; Judith’s Story - October 6, 2017