Husband who was said to be drunk was strapped to a pole by furious neighbours after he allegedly battered his wife and pushed her on the stairs. The 45-year-old man allegedly left his wife covered in cuts and bruises after beating her near their home in Bahia, Brazil.
However, when his neighbours were alerted to the incident, they detained him by tying him to a pole with green rope.
Military police were called to the scene where the traumatised victim, named as Maria Viana Santana Pereir, was treated for her wounds.
The man, who was not named, allegedly showed signs of intoxication, according to reports globo.com
Police say the woman had cuts and bruises and was bleeding when they arrived at the marital home in the town of Jacobina.
She was taken to a nearby hospital, before being released on Monday morning.
The husband was unbound and taken to the Jacobina police station, where he was charged and held in custody.
- How man who risked facing nearly 100 years in jail after his ex-girlfriend falsely accused him was cleared by a selfie - November 17, 2018
- Peter Okoye and Lola Omotayo celebrate 5th wedding anniversary - November 17, 2018
- Man mourns his sister who just committed suicide after months of battling depression - November 17, 2018
- Check out photos from Annie Idibia’s 34th birthday dinner hosted by her hubby, 2face - November 17, 2018
- Toyin Abraham’s engagement to lawyer fiancé reportedly crashes - November 17, 2018
- I Fell In Love With My Wife The Moment I Saw Her – Abba Kyari - November 17, 2018
- Adorable Photos Of A Burn Survivor And Her Two Kids Melt Hearts On Social Media - November 17, 2018
- Three Family Members Burn To Death In Kebbi Fire Outbreak - November 17, 2018
- Serena Williams and Alexis Ohanian celebrate 1st wedding anniversary - November 17, 2018
- Having numerous boyfriends doesn’t give you the privilege of having a perfect guy – Actress, Dayo Amusa - November 17, 2018