President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday assured Nigerians that the end of the Boko Haram sect and terrorism in Nigeria is in sight.
Buhari gave the assurance in a statement made available to journalists by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu.
The President was reacting to latest terrorist attacks in Jos, Kano, and Zaria.
The statement quoted the President as saying that he was convinced of his position because of the recent positive developments in the nation’s security forces.
He therefore urged Nigerians to remain security conscious and be swift in reporting suspicious movements around them to security agents.
“The President is convinced that with recent increase in troops deployment, improvements in the supply of arms and equipment to the military, as well as the ongoing effort to mobilise greater international cooperation and support, the end of Boko Haram and terrorism in Nigeria is in sight.
“He calls on Nigerians to remain vigilant and report any suspicious persons to security agents as his administration continues to give the highest possible priority to eradicating Boko Haram and ensuring greater security of lives and property across the country,” the statement read in part.
Buhari consoled all Nigerians who lost relatives in the latest terrorist atrocities in Jos, Kano, and Zaria, as well as those who were injured in the attacks.
He, however, urged all Nigerians not to be unduly disheartened by what he called the seeming resurgence of terrorist attacks and atrocities in the country.
He said his administration remained committed to overcoming the challenges of insecurity, terrorism and insurgency as quickly as possible.
The statement added, “Already, the intensified onslaught by the military on terrorists’ strongholds has led to significant seizures of weapons and vehicles, a blockage of their sources of arms and ammunition, and a decimation of their fighting men.
“President Buhari assures Nigerians of the ability and readiness of the country’s armed forces and security agencies to contain the frantic resort by the terrorists to attacks on soft targets such as crowds and places of worship.”
- What should you buy for First Time Parents? - December 14, 2017
- Signs that your Husband feels Neglected after Childbirth - December 12, 2017
- New picture of Janet Jackson and her adorable child Eissa - December 11, 2017
- Famous People Raised by Single Mothers - December 11, 2017
- ‘I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant’: Woman Amazed At Baby Boy’s Arrival - December 10, 2017
- 10 Ways of becoming a Better Father and Husband - December 10, 2017
- What do First Time Parents Fight about and How to Avoid it - December 9, 2017
- Understanding the Single Father While the World Focuses On the Mother - December 3, 2017
- How To check if you and your spouse are true friends - November 28, 2017
- 5 Essential Tips for Creating Balance between Entrepreneurship and Motherhood - November 27, 2017