Super Eagles and Wolves FC Goalkeeper, Carl Ikeme has been honoured by an English club, Wednesfiled’s decision to name a stand after the Nigerian footballer after he was recently diagnosed with acute leukemia.
The club, based in the same town as Ikeme’s club Wolverhampton Wanderers, unveiled their plans to name a stand in the Super Eagles star’s name to raise funds for leukemia patients earlier on Wednesday.
31 year old Ikeme, might have his football career affected by the disease after his club put him on extended leave.
“Wednesday night we entertain @WolvesUtd1 (Wolverhampton United, another non-league club) – We will officially open and re-name our new stand in support of @Carl_Ikeme of @Wolves,” Wednesfield FC had tweeted Wednesday afternoon.
“We’d hoped to sell the naming of the Stand to raise funds, however it was felt support of @Carl_Ikeme was worth much much more’
“Kick off will be 7.30pm – we will charge £3 entry, all monies will go to @CureLeukaemia.”
Ikeme, humbled by the gesture, replied to Wednesfield FC’s tweet: “Thanks for the support guys . Can’t tell u how much I appreciate it.”
We pray for quick recovery!
- WOW! Housemaid thrown lavish wedding years after her Madam adopted her for being humble (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! Man beats wife to death in Benue (Graphics Photos) - August 21, 2017
- THANK GOD! Checkout Funke Akindele’s Baby Bump (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- FREE BONANZA! A hospital in Kaduna is offering free surgery for a week to celebrate President Buhari’s return - August 20, 2017
- Monalisa Chinda- How I knew my 2nd husband was the one for me - August 20, 2017
- Kiki Osinbajo all smiles and pretty in new photo - August 20, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian men celebrate Pres.Buhari’s return by drinking water and soft drink from the ground (Photos) - August 20, 2017
- Bawo Emami Appreciates God Amidst Curses And Insults From Followers(Read Comments) - August 20, 2017
- FAMILY VACATION! IK Osakioduwa and family visit Guliver’s land - August 20, 2017
- ‘I never had a boyfriend’ – Enugu girl who made 9As in WAEC - August 20, 2017