Mercy Johnson and Prince Odi may be made for each other, but the actress wants fans to know that their marriage is not without the usual rigours other couples endure.
The actress made this clarification after actor Uche Maduagwu dissed other women going through failed relationships, pitting Johnson’s marriage as the standard of what relationships should be.
According to the actor, Johnson’s marriage is successful because he thinks she is a ‘submissive’ wife.
Here’s what he said:
“You are a submissive wife and great mother @mercyjohnsonokojie Unlike some female celebs who disrespect their husbands mum, and destroy Properties…🔥🚗 You have shown to us all that you can actually be successful in your chosen career🎬, and at the same time be a responsible wife at home.👰🏽 Sometimes, we just complicate things for ourselves as women when we ignore the needful🏠. God bless your Marriage dear,⛪”
Mercy Johnson disagrees with him.
“This is wrong on every level. Please don’t judge anyone until you walk in their shoes as our struggles are different,” she said. “No one is assured of a happily ever after but we all hope on God for sustenance,” she added effectively putting him in his place.
“Every marriage has its challenges and not even mine is Perfect,” she finished.
conversation comes at a time social media has been full of stories of failing celebrity marriages, the recent being the sad drama surrounding actress Mercy Aigbe’s marriage to hotelier, Lanre Gentry.
For Mercy Johnson and her husband Prince Odi, their unique relationship reaffirms that love conquers. Often, she showers her husband with praises, calls him the “air” she breathes, and 3 children later, the duo still maintain an enviable bond, inspiring their fans.
However, she admits their relationship is not perfect. She also chastised oversabis who are quick to judge women who walk away from abusive relationships.
- Tonto Dikeh reveals how she lost her baby weight - August 17, 2017
- I need out of house arrest to feed my kids! – DMX laments - August 17, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian man marries his older white lover (Photos) - August 17, 2017
- Kim Kardashian West Talks about having a third baby - August 17, 2017
- Pretty Mike- ‘You are stupid if you give your last kobo to your pastor to buy jet but dont have bicycle’ - August 17, 2017
- Odunlade Adekola is not the father of my child- actress Bukola Adeeyo cries out - August 17, 2017
- Timi Dakolo’s kids looks beautiful in matching outfits - August 17, 2017
- WHAT! ‘If my boyfriend is broke, I will cheat on him’ – Nigerian lady reveals, explains why - August 16, 2017
- THE LORD IS GOOD! 16 years after marriage,Nigerian pastors welcome set of twins (Photos) - August 16, 2017
- “One of the reasons I still work” – 2face enthuse over his daughter Isabella (Photo) - August 16, 2017