A family of five died under mysterious circumstances on Wednesday night at Old Aiyepe road in Sagamu area of Ogun State. The family includes father, mother, three children and a family friend.
According to reports, the family had just moved from their rented apartment into their own property but died the very first night in the house.
Neighbours at the scene of the incident explained that their attention was called to the house when an offensive odour was coming from the house. Upon forcefully gaining entrance into the apartment, it was discovered that all the occupants were dead in their various positions.
While some people suggested the likelihood of fume from power generating set, a close neighbour who spoke on condition of anonymity disclosed that there was no need for power generating set as there was power supply till Thursday morning when the deaths were suspected to have occurred.
Others opined that their death could have come as a result of chemical as it was suspected that the house had been fumigated with “killer chemical’’.
Their corpses have since been evacuated and taken to the mortuary of Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital (OOUTH), Sagamu.
The Ogun Police Public Relations Officer (PRO), Abimbola Oyeyemi, confirmed the incident, adding that the police would get to the root of the matter.
Mr Oyeyemi said investigation into the matter had commenced in order to unravel the mystery behind the ugly incident.
1 Kate Spade’s father dies on the eve of her funeral
2 Newly married lecturer reportedly dies after ‘spiritual attack’ in Delta state
3 Female soldier die in fatal accident after she escaped attack on her wedding day
4 36-year-old mother and her two children die in fire accident at Onitsha
5 Mother of three dies after undergoing breast enlargement surgery in Nairobi
6 Bishop’s daughter dies in gas explosion while her parents were in church
7 Family of 7, 1 other die in auto-crash in Enugu
8 Mother of five dies after being battered by her abusive husband