Thibaut Courtois would probably still be a Chelsea player had his family lived in London and not Madrid his agent told the BBC on Sunday.
The 26-year-old Belgian moved to European champions Real Madrid on Wednesday. However, his agent Christophe Henrotay, on Sunday told the Chelsea fans not be angry nor think of Courtois as being disloyal in seeking to move to Madrid.
“There has been a misunderstanding that he wanted to get a move for the wrong reasons, but he was pushing to go out of Chelsea because of his children,” said Henrotay.
“If the family were in London it would have been totally different. He would have stayed, there is no reason to leave a club like Chelsea, he could have won trophies.
“Unfortunately his kids are living with the mother in Madrid.”
Henrotay said Chelsea had acted in a cooperative fashion illustrating they wished to act in his client’s best interests — his two children are in Madrid living with their mother from whom he is estranged — as well as opening the way so they could replace him.
“It is personal reasons so we have to respect this. Chelsea understood the situation and really helped to get the deal.
“They did a really quick and easy deal together, understanding the humanity of the situation.
“It is not doing something against their fans it is about getting the best of a situation that is not ideal.”
Henrotay said the moment when Courtois — who knows Madrid well having played on loan from Chelsea at Atletico Madrid for three seasons — was united with his family added pathos to the transfer.
“When we arrived in Madrid to make the signing, I had his parents, his brother, his sister, his child, the mother of the child, everyone is there and I said to him that I am delighted to make a great deal for him in going to Real Madrid but also it’s a family coming together,” said Henrotay.
“I could see tears in their eyes and it delighted me to be able to do something not only for a player, for a client, but for a family, which is great.”
- How to let go and let God:Letting go and letting God in Relationships - December 2, 2018
- How to Spice up your Marriage - November 28, 2018
- How to know God’s Will in a Relationship - November 28, 2018
- Check out the Best Aso-Ebi Styles Of The Week - November 28, 2018
- Adorable family photo to celebrate 29th wedding anniversary of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and his wife Dolapo. - November 25, 2018
- Guarding your Heart in a Relationship - November 25, 2018
- How does God Bring Two People Together - November 25, 2018
- Kevin Hart son Kenzo clocks one - November 21, 2018
- Examples of being Unequally Yoked in Relationships - November 18, 2018
- Letting go and letting God in relationships. - November 14, 2018