The 81 Division of the Nigerian Army in Lagos, on Monday, said it had begun an investigation of a female soldier was accused of brutalising her niece for not washing dishes.
The spokesperson for the division, Lt. Col. Olaolu Daudu, said in a statement in Lagos that the investigation followed reports in the social media on the alleged incident on August 19.
“The attention of the division has been drawn to social media reports published on Sunday, Aug. 19, where a female soldier was accused of brutalising her little niece for allegedly not washing plates.
“The incident was cruel and a lack of respect for human dignity and the Nigerian Army totally frowns at it.
“Nevertheless, an investigation into the matter has been launched by the Nigerian Army Human Rights Desk of the 81 Division.
“This is also in conjunction with the National Human Right Commission, South West Zone, to ascertain the level of culpability or otherwise of the accused personnel for appropriate sanctions,” Daudu said.
He said the General Officer Commanding, 81 Div., Maj.-Gen. Musa Yusuf, had reassured the general public of the command’s uncompromising professional disposition to all forms of illegitimate acts.
- If you don’t have these 6 conversations, it can never be “Happily ever after…” - September 12, 2018
- The 3 P’s That Can Poison Your Marriage - September 12, 2018
- Heavily pregnant Linda Ikeji spotted exercising by showing off her dancing moves - September 6, 2018
- This Woman has been Carrying her sick Husband on her back for 5 years (watch video) - September 4, 2018
- Instagram user reveals how he almost poisoned his brother over 9ice and Ruggedman’s beef - September 4, 2018
- Archbishop Duncan-Williams explains why his first marriage of 26-years failed - September 4, 2018
- See lovely photo of Dbanj and his wife Lineo as they baecation in Dubai - September 4, 2018
- MC Galaxy announces his wedding date, says he is marrying the best woman in the world - September 4, 2018
- This 4-Year-Old ‘Superhero’ called 999 when his mum Collapsed (Watch Video) - September 4, 2018
- Wizkid’s first baby mama, Shola Ogudu calls him a toxic parent? - September 4, 2018