The 81 Division of the Nigerian Army in Lagos, on Monday, said it had begun an investigation of a female soldier was accused of brutalising her niece for not washing dishes.
The spokesperson for the division, Lt. Col. Olaolu Daudu, said in a statement in Lagos that the investigation followed reports in the social media on the alleged incident on August 19.
“The attention of the division has been drawn to social media reports published on Sunday, Aug. 19, where a female soldier was accused of brutalising her little niece for allegedly not washing plates.
“The incident was cruel and a lack of respect for human dignity and the Nigerian Army totally frowns at it.
“Nevertheless, an investigation into the matter has been launched by the Nigerian Army Human Rights Desk of the 81 Division.
“This is also in conjunction with the National Human Right Commission, South West Zone, to ascertain the level of culpability or otherwise of the accused personnel for appropriate sanctions,” Daudu said.
He said the General Officer Commanding, 81 Div., Maj.-Gen. Musa Yusuf, had reassured the general public of the command’s uncompromising professional disposition to all forms of illegitimate acts.
- Scriptures to Speak over your Child - December 31, 2018
- 10 Health Benefits of Ewedu leaf - December 31, 2018
- Signs He doesn’t Respect You - December 30, 2018
- Scriptures for Singles - December 19, 2018
- Scriptures for Prosperity and Wealth - December 19, 2018
- How to let go and let God:Letting go and letting God in Relationships - December 2, 2018
- How to Spice up your Marriage - November 28, 2018
- How to know God’s Will in a Relationship - November 28, 2018
- Check out the Best Aso-Ebi Styles Of The Week - November 28, 2018
- Adorable family photo to celebrate 29th wedding anniversary of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and his wife Dolapo. - November 25, 2018