The 81 Division of the Nigerian Army in Lagos, on Monday, said it had begun an investigation of a female soldier was accused of brutalising her niece for not washing dishes.
The spokesperson for the division, Lt. Col. Olaolu Daudu, said in a statement in Lagos that the investigation followed reports in the social media on the alleged incident on August 19.
“The attention of the division has been drawn to social media reports published on Sunday, Aug. 19, where a female soldier was accused of brutalising her little niece for allegedly not washing plates.
“The incident was cruel and a lack of respect for human dignity and the Nigerian Army totally frowns at it.
“Nevertheless, an investigation into the matter has been launched by the Nigerian Army Human Rights Desk of the 81 Division.
“This is also in conjunction with the National Human Right Commission, South West Zone, to ascertain the level of culpability or otherwise of the accused personnel for appropriate sanctions,” Daudu said.
He said the General Officer Commanding, 81 Div., Maj.-Gen. Musa Yusuf, had reassured the general public of the command’s uncompromising professional disposition to all forms of illegitimate acts.
- The Best Sex Positions During Pregnancy - October 30, 2018
- Cucumber benefits for men: Cucumber wonders is more than boosting men’s sex drive - October 26, 2018
- Benefits of bitter kola - October 23, 2018
- How God Can Bring People Together - October 17, 2018
- Being Ghosted in a Relationship. - October 11, 2018
- Fighting for my marriage.If you don’t have these 6 conversations, it can never be “Happily ever after…” - September 12, 2018
- The 3 P’s That Can Poison Your Marriage - September 12, 2018
- Heavily pregnant Linda Ikeji spotted exercising by showing off her dancing moves - September 6, 2018
- This Woman has been Carrying her sick Husband on her back for 5 years (watch video) - September 4, 2018
- Instagram user reveals how he almost poisoned his brother over 9ice and Ruggedman’s beef - September 4, 2018