France has banned politicians from hiring or employing their spouses or children as parliamentary assistants under rules adopted in response to a scandal involving former Prime Minister, Francois Fillon and his wife.
The new law was approved by President Emmanuel Macron will apply to ministers and members of parliament, ending what is a widespread family business.
The essential clauses of the legislation were voted through by members of the National Assembly in votes Wednesday night and on Thursday.
In France, roughly one in six members of parliament has a family member earning salary as an assistant.
- Tonto Dikeh reveals how she lost her baby weight - August 17, 2017
- I need out of house arrest to feed my kids! – DMX laments - August 17, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian man marries his older white lover (Photos) - August 17, 2017
- Kim Kardashian West Talks about having a third baby - August 17, 2017
- Pretty Mike- ‘You are stupid if you give your last kobo to your pastor to buy jet but dont have bicycle’ - August 17, 2017
- Odunlade Adekola is not the father of my child- actress Bukola Adeeyo cries out - August 17, 2017
- Timi Dakolo’s kids looks beautiful in matching outfits - August 17, 2017
- WHAT! ‘If my boyfriend is broke, I will cheat on him’ – Nigerian lady reveals, explains why - August 16, 2017
- THE LORD IS GOOD! 16 years after marriage,Nigerian pastors welcome set of twins (Photos) - August 16, 2017
- “One of the reasons I still work” – 2face enthuse over his daughter Isabella (Photo) - August 16, 2017