You’ve got that one friend that suddenly your heart starts giving you some butterfly-like feelings when you’re with them? Your friend but it’s also hard to just call them your friend because you want to call them something more, you want more. This is where the relationship status: “Complicated” – just like on Facebook- comes in and it becomes a gamble as you run the risk of ruining your friendship. Mostly, it depends on what matters most and what the heart wants.
It all starts with some reliance, compliment, humor, wit and a spice of flirt – why it’s called a “flirtationship” – in between a friendship and relationship. When a friend – a guy or girl- starts considering of breaking out of the “Friend zone” jail, here are some jail-free-card moves that are made:
- Compliments and Sweet name calling
This is when your friend compliments you a lot and calls you some sweet pet names to show you’re special – not just as a friend though- and also asking questions and making small talks in expectation of being complimented in a romantic way. This shows that he/she is trying to put it out there that they want more than friendship.
- Teasing about your dates
This is a means of fishing out information to know whether you’re interested in someone and whether they matter much more than your date. Jealousy which will spring up from this is one thing that breaks up a friendship from a flirtationship attempt.
- Miss Me? Questions
It is said that distance is a matter of the heart as it makes the heart grow fonder of the person missed. Missing that friend that you aren’t so far away from and talk to virtually every hour of the day and putting it out there for some reciprocal feeling is a crack from the friendship wall.
Having a friend with whom you’re in a flirtatious relationship with can seem like the best of both worlds – like having a boyfriend without the obligations and title of a girlfriend- giving you freedom to meet and hang out with other guys, also fall in love. However, with a wrong turn, you can end up losing the possibility of a future love relationship – with your friend- and also experience an awkward situation of going back to the friendship because it’s ruined. Life is gambling risk eh?
Sometimes, you make a move and realise he/she has no such feelings for you in return, making it a one sided thing and you crawl back into your shell. So sometimes, it’s best to steer clear of a flirtationship with your best friend to avoid the risk of hurting yourselves and your friendship. But if you’ve got it going good, enjoy it while it lasts.
- Do You Really Need to Give Night Feeds? - September 22, 2017
- 4 Worries of a Single Mom When Getting Married - September 19, 2017
- How to keep technology from ruining your marriage - September 12, 2017
- How to argue effectively without permanently damaging your relationship - September 10, 2017
- Jealousy in Marriage: Why it Happens and What to Do - September 6, 2017
- How to keep love alive when your schedules are polar opposites - September 3, 2017
- 5 Important Conversations You Need to Have With Your Spouse About Your Aging Parents - August 28, 2017
- Understanding the Single Father While the World Focuses On the Mother - August 24, 2017
- Are You Ready for Love? Take a Look at These 6 Pointers to Find Out - August 23, 2017
- Dear Women, Don’t Let Love Blind You to These 5 Important Things - August 22, 2017