Hillary Clinton, who ran for U.S. presidency in 2016, announced that she will be ‘letting her guard down’ in a memoir titled “What Happened”. The memoir is expected to be out in September. It will showcase her opinions and thoughts on her 2016 presidential campaign and loss to Donald Trump.
She describes it as the most personal book she’s ever written and it will give readers insight into what running for president truly is like and especially as a woman.
The introduction reads, “In the past, for reasons I try to explain, I’ve often felt I had to be careful in public, like I was up on a wire without a net. Now I’m letting my guard down.” She said the book is focused on resilience and getting back up after a loss.
Simon and Schuster, the publisher, said that the book is all about the campaign and what came after it, about the challenges strong women in the limelight face, speaking to Guardian.
She speaks about the challenges of being a strong woman in the public eye, the criticism over her voice, age and appearance, and the double standard confronting women in politics.
She lays out how the 2016 election was marked by an unprecedented assault on our democracy by a foreign adversary. By analysing the evidence and connecting the dots, Hillary shows just how dangerous the forces were that shaped the outcome, and why Americans need to understand them to protect our values and our democracy in the future. The election of 2016 was unprecedented and historic. What Happened is the story of that campaign and its aftermath – both a deeply intimate account and a cautionary tale for the nation.”
Keep a look out for it.
- Hillary Clinton Set to Release a Tell-all Memoir in September - July 29, 2017
- Introducing Twinklestar Studios, Specially Created for Kids, Maternity and Family Shoots - July 29, 2017
- Watch as Lamar Odom Opens Up About Losing His Son and Cocaine Abuse in a New Interview - July 29, 2017
- Sisi Yemmie Shares Her Marriage Experience in New Vlog as She Celebrates 3rd Anniversary - July 27, 2017
- Flavour Posts a Photo of His Beautiful First Daughter - July 27, 2017
- 4-Year-Old Cries as His Stepmom Reads Him Her Vows During Her Wedding - July 27, 2017
- Beautiful! Timi Dakolo Shares a Cute Photo of Him With His Daughters - July 27, 2017
- Nigerian Big Boy Escoba Smith Makes it Rain at a Friend’s Child’s Dedication Party - July 27, 2017
- Another Awesome Photo from Millen Magese’s Maternity Shoot - July 27, 2017
- 14-year-old Nigerian Bride Kills Her Husband After Being Married for 5 months - July 26, 2017