If reading this is not worth it, at least protecting your life savings from theft would be worth it?
This are basic information you should harm yourself with in order to protect your bank account from being hacked.
- Hacker accesses your name and date of birth from Facebook.
- With these details he goes to the Income Tax site and updates them. From there he obtains the pin card and mobile numbers.
- Then he gets a duplicate pin card made.
- After this he lodges a mobile theft complaint in a police station.
- With the duplicate pin card he gets another sim card from the mobile company.
- Through internet banking he is now ready to access your account.
- He goes to the site and uses the ‘forgot my password’ option.
- Now he easily gets past other options and gets the Internet banking pin on his sim card.
This information was issued by the Cyber Cell Police.
It has thus been advised that, all those who used Net Banking should edit Facebook profile and delete the birth date and mobile number as a safety measure.
A stitch in time saves nine.