We’ve all had that roommate who keeps strange hours. What can be merely annoying when all you’re sharing is the rent can cause real friction when you’re trying to keep a romantic relationship together. Even the most committed couple can come apart when the real world steps in to make living together a challenge. If one partner pulls the nightshift while the other has to rise at dawn it sometimes takes a lot of patience to make it work for both parties. Sleep is important and no one needs to read one of the many studies on this subject to know it. We feel it each and every day. A sound night’s rest can alleviate the aches and pains of the daily grind whereas hours of restlessness can set us up to have arguments even with the one we love the most. Here are some tips for cohabiting on conflicting schedules.
– Don’t keep your clothes in the room where you both sleep. You may think you’re dressing in silence but it can still disturb your slumbering partner.
– Consider blackout drapes or a white noise machine to make sleeping through a partner’s rising hours easier.
– Negotiate the terms of your co-sleeping. Maybe on certain days it’s just easier for one partner to rest on the couch so the other can prepare for a particularly demanding work shift.
But sleep is only one of the issues in a schedule conflicted relationship and a partner’s absence during waking hours can equally undermining. Small gestures speak for you when you can’t be there to speak for yourself. Something as practical as finishing a load of laundry your partner started can be a reminder that you’re still part of the team.
– Leave your partner a note directing him or her to a special meal you’ve left in the fridge for them.
– Notes on the bathroom mirror that are reminders of your love rather than just a to-do list puts you in the room even when you’re at work or asleep.
– Offer to take some of the household workload off your partner when they’re experiencing a more stressful than usual time in their workplace.
The level of work stress people experience waxes and wanes with the demands of the job. Talk about your partner’s professional deadlines and feel comfortable discussing your own. If a couple communicates it makes living with even the most divergent of sleep/work schedules doable. Then of course be sure to schedule time when you can both be together in person.
- “He dragged me and I pushed him” WATCH Abimbola Craig talk about Driving in Lagos in New Vlog - August 18, 2018
- A man got shot in an argument inside a barbershop over whether or not Halle Berry should play Aretha in a movie. - August 18, 2018
- Just 4 Years Ago, Meghan Markle Blogged About Wanting to Be a Princess — See What She Wrote! - August 15, 2018
- Testing - August 15, 2018
- Unlawful wedding spending is causing divorce in our society- Sultan of Sokoto - August 15, 2018
- Football star Raheem Sterling shows off touching new tattoo of him kissing young son Thiago (Photos) - August 13, 2018
- Here is What good sex does to a woman according to a lady - August 12, 2018
- Nigerian man narrates how his girlfriend tried extorting him using a fake pregnancy - August 12, 2018
- This Benue woman slept with her son in order to have a child for her infertile husband - August 11, 2018
- Suspected kidnapper apprehended after abducting boy in Lagos - August 11, 2018