Meatballs Recipe. How To Make Meatballs.
Many people love meat, especially if it is juicy and succulent with lots of flavour and a minimum amount of bone. There are many different types of meat recipes but some always stand out more than others. Take meatballs for example. They are (typically) meat rolled into little balls and then fried but they always manage to look fancy and inviting every time.
So what is it about a meatball that is so appealing? Is it the fact that there is no chance of encountering a bone? You can have that with regular steak though. Or the round shape? Maybe everyone likes variety and the thought of eating meat shaped like a ball is really exciting! It doesn’t really matter though because the taste buds are what will make the final decision.
Meatballs are usually all meat but in the spirit of healthy eating, why not throw in some vegetables? It would be great on the palette, your digestive system as well as your health goals. You would not have to worry about meeting your other nutrient needs and they would definitely reduce any chance of bloating afterwards. It is also a nice way of getting small children to eat vegetables without too much drama.
- 500g lean ground beef
- 500g bacon, ground or chopped into small pieces
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs or 1 slice of bread
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely grated
- 1 courgette, finely grated
- 1 large egg
- Black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Soak the slice of bread in the milk and let it sit.
- In a large bowl, place the onion, carrot, beef, bacon and egg. For the courgette, squeeze out any excess moisture and then add it to the bowl. Add the milk and bread mixture. Mix everything thoroughly, throw in the black pepper and salt and mix them in properly.
- Roll the mixture into small balls in a size you would like.
- You can either deep fry them in hot oil for about seven to 10 minutes. Keep turning them to ensure that they are properly cooked on all sides.
- You can also bake them in the oven. For this you will need to have preheated the oven to 200 degrees Celsius or Gas mark 6. Bake them for about 20 minutes or until they are browned.
You can eat these as an appetizer and everyone will notice the beautiful flavours as opposed to the vegetables. You can also make a quick sauce and serve them with rice, spaghetti or mashed potatoes.
Quick tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into medium-sized pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt and a dash of black pepper
- Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan, add onion and sweet potato and fry for about five minutes until the onion starts browning. Add garlic and stir constantly for two minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, let them cook for about two minutes and then add 500ml water. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes, checking to make sure the vegetables are soft.
- Check seasoning and make sure everything is balanced. The sauce should be thick and not runny so as not to get the meatballs soggy. You can also place the meatballs in an ovenproof dish, throw this sauce on them and top with grated cheese. Bake them in the oven until the cheese melts and meatballs are lightly browned. Enjoy!
About Bayo AjibolaAll about Parenting, And Loads of Entertainments. Let's hear from you.Join the conversation on our Forum and , like us on our Facebook page .Google+
- Suspected kidnapper apprehended after abducting boy in Lagos - July 26, 2018
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle melt hearts as they kiss at the Sentebale Polo Match - July 26, 2018
- Alaafin of Oyo with all his wives at daughter’s Royal wedding (photos) - July 25, 2018
- How We Discovered the Secret to a Better Sex Life - July 25, 2018
- The Pain of Losing A Child - July 25, 2018
- 5 New Year Resolutions for every Single Mother - July 25, 2018
- Video of a woman Giving Birth In her back Garden - July 24, 2018
- College Life for a Single Mum - July 22, 2018
- Teaching Self Defence to your Teenager - July 22, 2018
- Parents,Reverend Funke Adejumo may be barred from entering the UK, US here is why - July 20, 2018
10 Poulet Yassa