A 56-year-old businesswoman identified as Grace Okonwa, has urged an Agege Customary Court in Lagos State to dissolve the 33-year-old marriage between her and her husband, Macaulay Okonwa.
The woman, who resides at Command in Ipaja area of Lagos, told the court on Friday that she is no more in love with her husband because he’s a cultist.
The mother of six said: “my husband belongs to the Ogboni confraternity, he is devilish and demonic.
“Whenever my husband have sexual intercourse with me, my stomach becomes swollen and when l go to the hospital for check-up, doctors will say nothing is wrong with me.”
The petitioner alleged that the husband attacks her and the children spiritually.
She claimed that even the children were not spared in the devilish act as he had used his devilish powers to stop them from getting married.
The petitioner told the court that she enjoyed her marriage for only a few years since the union “because my husband is a wife beater and a chronic fornicator.
“My husband has turned me to a punching bag. He usually beats me to a pulp, tears my clothes to pieces and beats me nakedly.
“I moved out of the house sometimes in 1994 when the beating became unbearable but after pleading by his family members and his promise to change, l returned in 1996.”
The petitioner said that the beating continued after she returned to the house and the husband started bringing home different women.
She added that “my husband’s lifestyle became worse as he will stay away from home for months.
“My husband became a chronic fornicator, sleeping with different women without any form of care and when l complained about his ways, he beat me mercilessly.
“There was a time l complained about his attitude and my husband beat me to a pulp, he used the sole of my shoe to hit my head, l became unconscious and was hospitalised for days.”
The woman described the husband as devilish and irresponsible and urged the court to dissolve the marriage “so that me and my children can live a peaceful life.
“I am no longer interested in the union; I want to live comfortably and in peace with my children.
“I also want my husband to stop attacking me and my children both spiritually and physically.”
The respondent was not in court after several summons had been sent to him.
The court’s President, Mrs Ibironke Elabor, advised the estranged wife to desist from believing that anybody could lay hold of her life, that she should be strong for herself and the children.
Elabor adjourned the case until August 14 for judgment.
- Watch the lovely moment beautiful amputee walk down the aisle with her lover - August 16, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian shares adorable photos of Kourtney’s daughter Penelope taking pictures of baby True - August 16, 2018
- Actress Lola Alao takes Aisha Abimbola’s kids on special treat in Canada (photos) - August 16, 2018
- 9ice and lover, Sunkanmi Ajala celebrate their daughter’s 4th birthday (Photos) - August 16, 2018
- Pastor’s wife paraded and arrested for brutalizing her maid - August 16, 2018
- Tragedy As Generator Fume Kills Family Of 5 In Rivers State - August 15, 2018
- Man sneaks into hospital ward to make love with sick wife - August 15, 2018
- Married pastor impregnates member 2 years after getting private jet as birthday gift from church - August 15, 2018
- Man cries out after his wife was caught in bed with her ex-lover - August 15, 2018
- Actress Beverly Afaglo Reveals Her Way Of Putting Her Husband To Sleep When He Wants To Make Love - August 15, 2018