General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye has advised Christians to stay connected to God to overcome life’s challenges and have dominion over all forces of darkness and sickness.
Pastor Adeboye gave the admonition while delivering his sermon tagged: ‘A branch of the Life’, on the second day of the ongoing annual Holy Ghost Congress of the church holding at the Redemption Camp, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
He explained that Jesus Christ is the Vine while every true believer is the branch and has God’s nature in him. Adeboye, however, urged participants to remain steadfast in the vine, stressing that God has assured them of doing greater works than He did while on earth.
In his words: “Jesus Christ is the vine while we are the branches. He is the combination of divinity and humanity. As the vine is, so also the branches. If you are a true Christian, you are a combination of humanity and divinity. You are human but you are made to partake in God’s divine nature and He will supply the needed strength, power that you need to do His works. Every branch of the vine can do what the vine can do”.
Pastor Adeboye recalled how he went to toilet 23 times in a day after taking a meal during one of his missionary trips to an unnamed African country years ago, noting that it took God through the prayer of faith for him to be healed.
According to him: “I did not know what I ate but I just saw myself going to toilet. After the 23rd time, I realized that I needed to tackle the matter prayerfully. But who will pray for me? I then laid my hands on myself and prayed. That was how I was healed.” He made reference to the healing while encouraging the congregation to pray for themselves, stressing that every child of God is a branch of the vine with both the human and divine nature.
As long as we are linked to him and connected to him we have the capacity to do all that he said we could do. “I once told my children that nobody can kill me because I am already dead. I have been crucified with Christ nevertheless I live. Because Jesus is living in the believer, his blood flows in the believer. On the outside it may not appear to be so, but in actual fact the blood that is flowing in you is the blood of Jesus”.
- Aliko Dangote’s nephew Mohammed weds Malaysian billionaire’s daughter - December 10, 2018
- HIV positive family members show off drugs they take daily - December 10, 2018
- Woman kills self, 2 children over husband’s plan to marry second wife - December 10, 2018
- You can’t embarrass my wife for talking politics in church – Sen. Akpabio criticises Bishop for scolding his wife during church service - December 10, 2018
- Buju Banton reunites with his daughter who was just 11-years old when he was jailed in 2011 - December 10, 2018
- Nigerian Couple who met on Twitter celebrate their engagement - December 10, 2018
- Thank you for elevating me to the club of motherhood – Vivian Chiologi-Shittu who welcomed her first child at 51, appreciates God as she turns a year older today - December 10, 2018
- I miss Cardi – Offset declares to the world after he and his wife split - December 10, 2018
- Drama As Woman’s Engagement Ring Falls Into The Drain Moments After Boyfriend Proposed - December 10, 2018
- Linda Ikeji Shares Photo Of Herself And Baby J, Reveals Her Banana Island House Is Now Worth N850M - December 10, 2018