Actress and Mum of one, Tonto Dikeh, today expressed her displeasure over the culture in Nigeria where people refer those to older than them as Aunty or Uncle.
Tonto in a post shared on her Instagram page, said although she grew up with such a mentality, she will never allow her son, King Andre, refer to anyone who is not family as Uncle or Aunty. Read what she wrote below
WOULD YOU RATHER YOUR KIDS CALL STRANGERS MR/MISTER MRS/MA’AM THAN AUNTY OR UNCLE???
I grew up in the age where everybody is called uncle and aunty wether related to us or not.
I really have FOUND this very offensive over the years and even actually embraced it to as i call TOTAL strangers Names like MAMA,AUNTY,UNCLE ETC..
I MEAN I EVEN CALLED MY SCHOOL TEACHERS,BIBLE SCHOOL TEACHERS (Uncle and aunty)??
Having a child now,i don’t think i wld ever allow him address anyone with uncle nor aunty..
He will be extremely polite but for no reason wld he be calling anyone outside my family and his fathers family UNCLE NOR AUNTY!!!
MOMS WHAT ARE YOU THOUGHTS?
I’M JUST BEEN A #MOMSTER OR I HAVE MOMS FEELING SAME WAY???
- Aliko Dangote’s nephew Mohammed weds Malaysian billionaire’s daughter - December 10, 2018
- HIV positive family members show off drugs they take daily - December 10, 2018
- Woman kills self, 2 children over husband’s plan to marry second wife - December 10, 2018
- You can’t embarrass my wife for talking politics in church – Sen. Akpabio criticises Bishop for scolding his wife during church service - December 10, 2018
- Buju Banton reunites with his daughter who was just 11-years old when he was jailed in 2011 - December 10, 2018
- Nigerian Couple who met on Twitter celebrate their engagement - December 10, 2018
- Thank you for elevating me to the club of motherhood – Vivian Chiologi-Shittu who welcomed her first child at 51, appreciates God as she turns a year older today - December 10, 2018
- I miss Cardi – Offset declares to the world after he and his wife split - December 10, 2018
- Drama As Woman’s Engagement Ring Falls Into The Drain Moments After Boyfriend Proposed - December 10, 2018
- Linda Ikeji Shares Photo Of Herself And Baby J, Reveals Her Banana Island House Is Now Worth N850M - December 10, 2018