Legendary Nollywood actor, Jide Kosoko has said the influx of Chinese and Indian films in which the language heard by viewers is Yoruba is a major threat in Nollywood.
In a recent interview with Punch, the veteran actor said, ‘One thing people are not talking about is an alarming trend happening in our movie industry now. It is a major challenge that I would want to address because people are not talking about it. This problem is getting bigger than piracy and the government should please look into it’.
He continued to say ‘we heard that the Chinese people are bringing in their films but they lip sync Yoruba language. That means you could be watching a Chinese film but they would be speaking Yoruba language. There are also Indian movies like that. This trend would destroy our culture. It means that whenever our children watch these movies, they would believe that whatever is done there is part of the Yoruba culture. It is something that the government must quickly look into. Also, it would dent our economy because they would take our money away. When they are bringing in these films into our country, it is a complete job so they are not employing anybody here. They are only here to collect our money. We all know that the moment Chinese people enter any industry, it is finished.’
- WOW! Housemaid thrown lavish wedding years after her Madam adopted her for being humble (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! Man beats wife to death in Benue (Graphics Photos) - August 21, 2017
- THANK GOD! Checkout Funke Akindele’s Baby Bump (Photos) - August 21, 2017
- FREE BONANZA! A hospital in Kaduna is offering free surgery for a week to celebrate President Buhari’s return - August 20, 2017
- Monalisa Chinda- How I knew my 2nd husband was the one for me - August 20, 2017
- Kiki Osinbajo all smiles and pretty in new photo - August 20, 2017
- BIZZARE! Nigerian men celebrate Pres.Buhari’s return by drinking water and soft drink from the ground (Photos) - August 20, 2017
- Bawo Emami Appreciates God Amidst Curses And Insults From Followers(Read Comments) - August 20, 2017
- FAMILY VACATION! IK Osakioduwa and family visit Guliver’s land - August 20, 2017
- ‘I never had a boyfriend’ – Enugu girl who made 9As in WAEC - August 20, 2017