A woman identified as Rahmatu and her husband, have been arrested by the Kaduna State Police Command for allegedly brutalizing and almost blinding a five-year-old girl living with them at their home in Angwan Dosa, a suburb of Kaduna metropolis in Kaduna North Local Government Area.
The couple was arrested yesterday after a neighbour alerted members of a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), Umukhail Foundation, who rushed to the house to rescue the girl and drew the attention of the state Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development (MWASD) to the incident.
It was learnt that the girl had defecated on her bed following complains of running stomach. The development angered Rahmatu who descended on the girl and incurred physical injuries on her face.
Confirming the incident, the Commissioner, MWASD, Hajiya Hafsat Baba, said the girl had been treated at Barau Dikko Specialist Hospital, Kaduna and now in safe custody pending the time her father would come from Maiduguri, Borno State where the little girl hails from.
According to her,: “When we got the report from an NGO this morning (yesterday), fortunately there are some security personnel on ground, who went to the house and arrested the lady and her husband..“Her husband was arrested because he watched his wife did that to the girl. If found guilty, he would become an accomplice, punishable under the new Child Welfare and Protection Law of Kaduna State. .
Immediately they brought the girl, I took her to Barau Dikko Specialist Hospital here in Kaduna for medical examination and treatment because she may be having internal injuries. “She has been treated and examined and she is now in safe custody pending the time her father will come from Maiduguri. .
“At present the woman, who did that to her, is in police custody at Kawo together with her husband. We hope the girl will get justice because the woman will be charged to court after investigation. “This will serve as deterrent to others.
- How to let go and let God:Letting go and letting God in Relationships - December 2, 2018
- How to Spice up your Marriage - November 28, 2018
- How to know God’s Will in a Relationship - November 28, 2018
- Check out the Best Aso-Ebi Styles Of The Week - November 28, 2018
- Adorable family photo to celebrate 29th wedding anniversary of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and his wife Dolapo. - November 25, 2018
- Guarding your Heart in a Relationship - November 25, 2018
- How does God Bring Two People Together - November 25, 2018
- Kevin Hart son Kenzo clocks one - November 21, 2018
- Examples of being Unequally Yoked in Relationships - November 18, 2018
- Letting go and letting God in relationships. - November 14, 2018